Ringing off the hook

(((NSFW)))

Lauren had slept great. Greater than usual and she hates to say that it was because of a specific brunette. Right now though, she wants to rip her hair out because of that exact brunette. She's gotten call after call with requests to have Camila in magazines, in runway shows, even a couple for freakin soap opera auditions. Like she would ever allow that. Magazines and runway shows? Of course. She had taken down so many numbers and so many requests that she couldn't possibly remember the name of any single offer without looking at her notes. It excited her, of course. She felt pride in that. Her girl, her Camila, was now one of the most sought after models in the industry right now. Of course, everyone wants anyone with the label 'playboy' under their name. Lauren's company is one of those that usually doesn't share its models, at least not very often. But Lauren wants Camila to get a feel for it. She'll show her the offers and she'll let her pick a few. She also needs to figure things out for her other models, but she may just have Lucy take care of it.

Her last call of This excruciating day is to the woman herself: Camila.

"Hellloooooo."

Lauren rolls her eyes at the greeting. "You never texted me about last night." Lauren says.

"Maybe I went inside and got shitfaced and Ive been unable to comprehend anything at all within the last...um....8 hours."

"You're doing fine right now." Lauren chuckles.

"Miracles work in weird ways. Maybe it's just your voice that gets me goin."

Lauren lets out a low grumble from her throat, begging her body not to react to that statement. "Camila. How about you don't make me hard right now? Okay?"

The girl lets out a laugh and Lauren smiles at it. "Look. I've got so many offers for you from so many different places. Do you want to maybe....go out to eat tonight and we can discuss it?"

"Is this business or a date?" Camila asks thoughtfully

"I'm using business as my excuse for a date." Lauren smirks.

"I can hear your smirk through this phone."

"I apologize, Ms. Cabello."

"I want Chili's." Camila says.

Lauren lets out a sigh. "You're a simple woman."

"Is that good?"

"I like it quite a lot. It's refreshing."

"Pick me up at...8?"

"I'll be there."

Lauren hangs up the phone and desperately wants to say fuck work, like she has been since....when? Since Camila showed up. She knows she's pushing some deadlines for reports on models and she knows she's about to get shit for it. She grabs her phone and dials the only person she knows that can help.

"Lucy..."

"What now?"

"I need the reports done for the 3 new models. Like...due tomorrow kinda done."

"Lauren, I've been doing every ounce of work for you for the past 2 weeks! I'm really sick of it-"

"How's a 500 dollar bonus sound?"

"I'll do it."

"I'll have the money in your account after the reports are done."

"Thank you, Ms. jauregui."

"No. Thank you, Lucy. I really do appreciate all you're doing. Don't bother coming in, I'd rather you do it all from home. Stay comfy."

"Thank you again."