Burned

It's been a minute haha. If you think this sucks then I'm sorry but if not, gimme some likes.

Lauren locks her car, walking around to lead Camila to her apartment. She lets her hand rest on the small of her back as she guides her into the building and up the 2 flights of stairs. She had hoped the girl wouldn't complain but should have known better.

"This is why you have that toned body huh." Camila says thoughtfully. "I don't think I could walk up these stairs every day."

"It's literally like...2 stairs." Lauren giggles, leading her up.

"That's more than 2. That's 2 flights!"

"Nah I thought it was LITERALLY 2 stairs." Lauren mocks.

Camila smiles and hits her arm.

Lauren lets her fingernails dig into the smaller girls back as she leads her up.

"Number 4?" She asks.

Lauren nods, tugging her keys from her pocket. She unlocks the door, feeling the need to hurry when she hears Camila's teeth chattering. "Are you really cold?" She chuckles, pushing in and stepping aside to let the other girl in first.

"Yes." Camila grumbles, pushing past Lauren and into the living room.

Lauren watches her rub her arms and walk around, totally unaware of how adorable she looks when she's hugging herself and completely immersed in curiosity.

"What's that?" She asks, going to the fireplace and touching a glass piggy bank.

"If you turn it around it's got my birthday and stuff on it. It was a project I did for art class a long time ago." She says, kicking off her shoes. "Go ahead and get comfy. Or keep snooping. Your choice." Lauren smirks, sitting her keys and phone on the island in her kitchen, glancing up to look at Camila every now and then.

"You have such a nice apartment." Camila sighs. "I want this."

"You'll get there." Lauren says, opening the fridge. "Hm..." she hums to herself as she inspects all the ingredients in her fridge. "Okay so..." she says closing the fridge. "I know I promised to be a good cook but as it turns out..." she holds a finger up. "I have no food. So. Lets throw this frozen pizza in the oven, yeah?"

"Are you even trying to impress me at this point?" Camila asks, finally making her way to the kitchen.

"I don't need to anymore." Lauren says, fighting a smirk.

"Why are you the single most smug person in the world?" Camila asks, her hands scratching at the granite. "That's real?"

"The countertops?"

"They're real?" Camila asks again

"Nice, huh?"

"So how'd you get here?" Camila asks, jumping and sitting on the counter. "Hope you don't mind." She says, swinging her legs.

Lauren looks up at her, raising a brow. "You'd be surprised how many big guys with a lot of money like under the table dick." She says simply.

"You....you used to-"

"Yeah. I prostituted, Camz. My dad got sick and my sister was here and my brother, well, he's fairly useless. Times were tough and I met this guy and well. He had friends and-"

"How old were you?"

"19. I came back from college to help."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah....Camila, Family is so important to me. The most important, really. I'd do anything for them, and I HAVE done everything for them. I'll continue to."