1

*years ago... *

"Dear son, help me carry these bags home?" A woman walked up the the young man, looking helpless. She pointed at the five heavy bags on the ground not too far away from her.

17 year old Gabriel glared at her. "First of all, I am not your son!" He hollered. "And second of all, don't go asking strangers for help. Especially me!"

He huffed and turned to go, but the woman stopped him.

"What a cold hearted child you are," The woman spat. "Because of this behavior, I will not forgive you for it. So what if you're a stranger?!  Didn't they teach you to help others that are in need of help!"

Gabriel turned back to her. "Listen, I don't want to carry your bags, so let's leave it at that! You can't force me!"

"I can't force you, that's right!" The woman grumbled as she raised her hand. "But I will put this curse on you for this behavior. Maybe then you will learn to help other. "

Gabriel laughed. "Curse? What curse?" He couldn't stop his laughter until the woman glared deeply into him.

"Your whole family will be cursed. Even your next generation, and the next!" The woman looked very serious, but still Gabriel did not believe her.

"When you kiss someone, you will turn into a cat exactly at midnight!" She exclaimed. "The curse will last until 8am in the morning. But at midnight again, you will turn into a cat."

"The only way to break the curse is to kiss the girl while you're a cat. Believe it or not, but this curse is true!"

Gabriel watched her walk away. He gulped as he suddenly shivered at the thought of the curse.

He didn't believe it, at first. But he decided to try it out anyway, just to make sure.

He kissed Emilie, a friend of his at school.

At first everything seemed fine. But when he went to sleep before midnight and woke up before 8am,  he found a cat replacing him.

The curse was really true. And because of him, his whole family was cursed.

---

"Why can't I go to school?" 7 year old Adrien Agreste stared at his father up and down, pouting!

"Don't ask me that again, Adrien!" Gabriel gritted his teeth. "You can't go to school, or else something bad will happen."

Gabriel never did tell his son about the curse. It was better if Adrien didn't know for now. If Adrien didn't go to school, or leave the mansion, he wouldn't find a girl to kiss.

"You're just as fine as staying here. Home school isn't that bad," Gabriel shrugged.

"But... It's boring here." Adrien groaned. "I can't play with anyone."

"You play with Nathalie, me and your mom," Gabriel them pointed out.

Adrien glared at him. "You spend most of your time in your room. Just tell me what's going on!"

"That's it! I'm done with this family!" Gabriel stood up. "Maybe... Maybe if I leave this family, the curse will leave me!"

"Huh?" Adrien frowned at him. "W-where are you going? What do you mean curse?"

"Shut up, Adrien!" Gabriel glowered.  "Having you was a sick mistake I should never have done."

Adrien frowned harder as Gabriel took off, leaving the room. Emilie met with him outside the room, trying to ask him what was wrong, and for him to calm down.

Adrien turned back to the front on the desk. He looked down at his coloring page, and saw the tear fall down at the owls he had been coloring.

Why doesn't father tell me what's going on?

Why is he leaving? Is it my fault?

What curse? What is a curse?!

All these questions ran though Adrien's head, but instead he chose to lay down and not think for a bit.

Soon he heard the door slamming shut, the car driving away.

And he knew he had lost his father.

-----------------------------

I got so many ideas for MLB stories, so I'm just gonna bring them all out.

I've still got 8 drafts waiting to be published 😅😅

- Edited -