25

The next morning was a Saturday. Adrien quickly got out of his bed. This was his routine now. Every night he would go to Marinette's house as a cat. When he was sure she was asleep, he would leave through the window and get back to his home.

Today Adrien was in a hurry. Yesterday he had seen a piece of paper under Marinette's bed. Usually he wouldn't get all excited over that, but he had noticed that the paper looked exactly like the one he had found under his mother's bed.

He rushed outside after getting ready, not caring if he missed breakfast. Je hurried back to the bakery and got inside.

"Adrien, so nice to see you this morning. Marinette is still taking a shower, but if you want you can wait for her here," Sabine welcomed him in like she always did.

"Is it okay if I... Go and wait for her in her room?" Usually he would just help Sabine and Tom bake and sell, but today was different.

He sort of wanted to know what the paper said without Marinette knowing.

"Sure," Sabine smiled as she nodded. Adrien nodded back and headed up to her room.

He closed the trapdoor and made his way to the bed. But when he looked under, there was no piece of paper anywhere.

Dang it! Marinette must have already taken it out. What if she knows about the whole cat thing now? What if she finds out I've been the cat visiting her? Is she going to get freaked out and dump me?!

"La~la~la," Marinette was singing as she got out of the shower. Her eyes widened when she saw Adrien looking under her bed.

"Um, what...are you doing?" Adrien turned back, startled by her voice. "When did you get here?"

"Uh..." Adrien looked down in embarrassment. Marinette was wrapped in a towel. "I'll.. Leave and come back when you've gotten your clothes on."

Marinette nodded and closed the trapdoor when he left. After getting changed, she called him back up.

"So, why were you looking under my bed?" Marinette asked the question that she had been meaning to ask. She sat down in the bed and waited for Adrien to answer.

"Uh... Marinette, is there by any chance that you...took a piece of paper out from under your bed?" Adrien asked her back, not really wanting to answer the question Marinette had asked him.

"Well, I'm not sure," Marinette shrugged. "I was cleaning my room, and brushed underneath my bed without really paying attention. Why, did you leave something here the last time you came over?"

"Uh... Sort of." Adrien could tell Marinette was getting suspicious of him, and if he didn't act fast, she was going to start accusing him of hid8kg something from her. "Listen... It was my homework that I left over."

"But... We already handed in our homeworks," Marinette reminded.

"Yeah, but I don't mean the homework the school gives us," Adrien was getting confident, no matter how much he thought lying wasn't good, especially to Marinette. "My mom gave me homework to work on. See, I used to be homeschooled before I went to an actual school. Well, my mom thinks I'm doing bad at school, so she teaches me at home just in case. I guess she doesn't trust me."

Marinette frowned, but then nodded. "I guess that makes sense. Emilie definitely looks like the type of person who doesn't trust people."

She then walked over to a bin that was right next to her desk. "The papers I found on the floor, I put them here. Maybe you'll find yours."

Adrien quickly nodded and set to work, roaming through the many pieces of paper in order to find the one he was looking for.

"Adrien?"

"Yeah," He didn't look up as he continued his search.

"You aren't lying to me, right?"

He froze, but then quickly recovered and nodded. "Yeah, I'm not."