11

"Are you sure you can't stay?" It may have sounded a little bit clingy to Adrien, but he couldn't help asking that question when Marinette said she was going to leave.

"Yeah," Marinette nodded. She reached for the doorknob and pulled the door opened. "I have to help my parents with the Bakery."

Adrien nodded. They had just been hanging out for about two hours, alone in his house. Everything was going so great, besides the fact that Marinette had to silence her phone because of the many messages that were popping up.

"Wait!" He grabbed her arm, both of them surprised. "Uh... Dan I come along?"

"Ah, of course you can!" Marinette exclaimed. "My parents would love to meet you."

"That's great." Adrien followed her out the door. His mom wasn't home, otherwise he wouldn't be going. He locked the door and then followed Marinette.

----________----

The bakery looked better than he thought it would. It smelt great and he couldn't help drooling at the sight of the goods.

"Marinette," A woman appeared and approached them. "Is this the boy you were talking about? Adrien, was it?"

Adrien blushed again. She's been talking about me to everyone she knows.

"H-hi," He quickly shook the woman's hand, quickly knowing this must be Marinette's mother. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng."

"Oh nice to meet you too. And please, call me Sabine." The woman smiled and replied. Adrien nodded.

"Now, now, who's ready to bake!" Sabine cheered. "Oh and by the way, your father went out to buy some ingredients. He won't be long now."

Hearing this, Adrien shifted uncomfortably in his spot. Where did my father go?

"Are you okay, Adrien?" Marinette asked, noticing his uncomfortable look as Sabine walked to the kitchen."

"Yes, yes, I am. Might I say, your bakery is awesome."

"Oh, thanks," Marinette giggled, though Adrien didn't know why. "Now, if you want to join us, then come. We're going to be making lots of goods."

Adrien nodded and followed her to the kitchen.

Hey! Who said he couldn't bake?

--------_--------

"Mm, these croissants are so tasty," Adrien shoved the rest of the croissant in his mouth.

"You can have more if you want," Marinette chuckled. "Just a way of saying thanks for helping out today."

Adrien didn't pass out on the offer. Not to he too greedy though, he only took two more.

"Adrien," Sabine walked inside Marinette's room, the room they were in. "Your mother is asking for you. She informed, before leaving.

No way. Mom is here?

"Aw, I guess you have to go now.". Marinette saw his face." You aren't going to get into trouble, are you?"

Adrien shook his head. "Of course not. What's wrong with helping such a great family bake?"

Though, he only hoped he was right. He kinda didn't want to leave now, either. His mom could give him a long lecture about Marinette and all that stuff.

"Well," Marinette took a bag from her desk. "Give this to your mom, okay? Also a bit of a thank you gift."

Adrien took the bag. Even no matter how much Mom says to not go father than being friends, she's still so nice to her. It's hard to want her as only friends.

"Adrien...?"

"What?" He turned his attention back to Marinette, who seemed to be closer to him now.

"What are you thinking about?"

Adrien groaned when he heard the shout of his mom, yelling for him to come down. He turned back to Marinette, leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'll see you later," He whispered, Marinette nodding, before he left the room.

Marinette placed a finger on her lips, face red. He kissed me!

"I'm here, I'm here." Adrien sighed. As expected, it was his mom downstairs, waiting for him. "How did you even know I was here?"

Emilie shook her head. How can Adrien have been upstairs alone with Marinette?! Who knows what they were doing?

But... Adrien wouldn't do that so soon, right? Yeah, he wouldn't kiss her or do anything else after what I told him.

"When I realized you weren't at home, I had a guess that this is where you were," Emilie answered, opening the door.

"We'll see you two again," Sabine waved. "Come again."

"Oh, we definitely will," Emilie smiled and left the bakery with her son.

She sighed, feeling more stressed than ever. "Adrien, what were you doing with Marinette?"

"What? You said we could hang out, and that's what we were doing." Adrien shrugged.

"Adrien, I know I said that, and you can definitely be friends with Marinette, but only friends. I'm doing this for your own good. If you kiss her, something is gonna happen."

"Kiss her?" Adrien stopped. "I believe it's already too late for that."