26

It didn't take that long for Adrien to finish and find the paper he was looking for. If Marinette hadn't seen the paper, then that meant she hadn't read it, nor did she know about the whole cat curse thing.

Although Adrien felt relieved, a part of him was still feeling horrible about it. After finding the paper, he stood up from his knees.

"You found it?" Marinette asked and he nodded. "D-do you want to work on it here?"

"I would love to, but I... I gotta go," Adrien quickly replied.

"Why?"

Maybe if Marinette stopped asking why and many other questions, he wouldn't have to lie to her. Adrien reached for the door.

"Well... Recently my dad came back. My mom...wants us to...eh...have a family meeting soon."

Marinette nodded. "Alright, bye."

"Bye." Adrien left the room and dashed out of the bakery. Once he got out side, he took a look at the paper. Just like he expected, words were written on it, and it was signed by the same person.

To: Marinette Dupain-Cheng

Recently a family got cursed to turn into cats once they kiss someone. In order to get out of their cat dorms, they must kiss the same person again, but in cat form.

There's a way to break the curse, Marinette. You can help them. Find a way to teach the eldest a lesson and get him to apologize to me.

From: The Woman

Adrien frowned. That was it? Getting Gabriel to apologize to the same woman?

Wow, I didn't think this was going to he this easy? But... Exactly who is this...woman? And how is Marinette a part of it?

He groaned and put the paper back in his pocket, before head in home. He decided that he wasn't going to tell anyone about this until he figured it out.

-------

Marinette tried opening her locker for the fifth time, but it didn't open. She groaned and turned to her teacher for help.

As she was doing that, Chloe walked up to her locker and opened it. She looked back at Marinette and smirked. The she noticed Adrien walking up to his locker.

"What's wrong Adrien?" Chloe quickly rushed to him. "You look like you woke up at the wrong side of bed. Is anything the matter?"

Adrien sent a quick glare towards her, before shaking his head and heading to class.

Even though she knew Adrien was just pretending, it still hurt her a bit. And that's when she got it.

Adrien is acting like this towards me because Marinette is here. If I'm alone with Adrien, Marinette not near by, wouldn't he be way nicer to me? With that thought she headed to class.

Adrien rubbed his eyes, trying not to fall asleep. The truth was, he hadn't slept at all last night. It had every thing to do with the cat curse, Marinette and the way to stop the curse. It just didn't make sense whenever he thought about it.

Maybe it is time to come clean to Marinette? Maybe she'll help me.

Marinette walked in and took her seat. Adrien realized she hadn't smiled or said good morning like she always did. So maybe she was tired as well, or she had just figured out his lies towards her.

Adrien thought about the paper again. He closed his eyes, trying to calm down. Maybe his mother and Gabriel were the best people to tell about the solution. If they knew, they would help him, and the curse would be over. He wouldn't have to lie about it anymore, and he wouldn't look suspicious like he always did.

Finally deciding on that, he turned his attention towards the teacher.