8

Nathaniel jumped at the voice that suddenly came. He knew who it was quickly by how angry it sounded.

"I... I... Bye!" He quickly raced out of there as quick as he could before Marinette could stop him and lecture him about what had just happened.

Adrien huffed, seeing him run away when he saw he had been caught.

"What was that all about?" Marinette frowned.

"Uh, it's nothing," Adrien chuckled at the victory, but couldn't help but thought that he had already got an enemy.

"Anyway," Marinette cleared her throat. "Alya has got something to do, so I can come over now. Later on, Alya is going to join us. Is that okay?"

"Sure." As long as you're there, I don't mind.

"Great, let's go." Marinette giggled, seeing Chloe's face as the two made it out of the school, walking beside each other.

------

Oh I'm so glad. I'm going to surprise Adrien.

Emilie smiled at the thought. How long had Adrien been asking for her to stay home so the two can spend time together? Now, she got got back from work early just for that.

She smiled wider seeing the doorknob turn, and then the door opened. She frowned though, hearing more than one voices, and she was certain she knew the other voice.

"M-Marinette?" Her eyes widened at the girl.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Agreste," Marinette greeted.

"Um Mom, if you don't mind, me and Marinette will be hanging out today." Adrien told her. "Wait, why are you even home? Don't you have work?"

Before Adrien would have been really glad that she was home, and wouldn't question her. But Emilie saw what was going on. Of course her little Adrien was going to grow up, she just never expected it so soon.

"Adrien, you should have told me you were bringing a girl home," Emilie sighed. There goes she and Adrien spending time together.

"Yeah, I should have. Sorry. I thought you were at work, so I didn't bother calling you," Adrien filled as he apologized again. "Sorry."

Emilie wanted to say no so bad, because if Marinette was here, that was more chance for them to fall in love with each other. Then Adrien would kiss her and would not like what will happen to him.

But she couldn't say no either. She didn't want to be like her husband, who was always cold blooded and didn't like visitors. She was quite different, but liked it more when the visitors were elders or boys.

"Well, of course Marinette can stay over," She let the words out, though she had different words in her mind. She didn't want to upset Adrien, she's known how long he's wanted this; company besides her.

Adrien smiled before taking Marinette's hand. "Thanks mom." Then he led her to his room.

I have to keep an eye on them. They can be friends, but no more than that!

With her final decision, Emilie set to work, baking cookies to use it as an excuse to get to see what they were doing.

Marinette entered Adrien's large room. Before, when he had been younger, the family had barely had enough money. That was where they met the Mayor and his daughter.

But ever since Emilie got married to Gabriel, the family had gotten richer, were able to pay their bills, not richer than the Bourgeois family, but close enough.

"Your mom is so cool, Adrien," Marinette sat down on the bed. "Come over sometime to my bakery."

"I would love to," Adrien smiled, making Marinette let out a giggle.

It was then he realized he didn't know what to do. He had never hand anyone come over; Marinette was actually his first, and the house was kinda boring.

"What do you have around here?" Marinette explored around the room, while Adrien stood there embarrassed. He should have thought this through.

"Marinette?"

"Hmm?" Marinette turned around to face him.

"Next time let's have the date somewhere else, okay?"

"Okay," Marinette smirked, and it was then that Adrien realized what he had said.

"I mean... I didn't mean it like that... I thought."

"It's a date!" Marinette exclaimed, and that was the exact time Emilie walked in with the cookies.