29

"I have something to tell you." Marinette nodded at his words and waited for him. Adrien opened his mouth to spit it out, to finally tell her that one secret that he has been hiding from everyone. But once he opened his mouth, nothing came out.

"Yes?" Marinette frowned, looking at him, still waiting for him to say something. They sat in silence for a while, before Marinette broke it again. "I have a feeling you don't want to tell me what's actually been going on."

"What, no... Listen, I..." Adrien looked down. "I'll tell you later. Right now isn't the time, I guess."

Marinette sighed. "I don't think you're ever going to tell me what's up, Adrien. Listen, you don't have to force yourself to tell me, you don't have to make yourself feel uncomfortable. Just..." Marinette stood up. "Just forget it!"

"Wait, I..." If she walked out, he knew he failed... Actually he knew he would fail. How could he had chickened out.

Chloe was sitting around, eyes shut, in front of the Eiffel Tower when Marinette came down from it. Marinette was really surprised that Chloe was here, sleeping.

Chloe's phone then started to ring, but Chloe didn't wake up. Marinette walked up to her phone and peeked to see who was calling.

Mr. Agreste.

What?! Adrien's dad is calling Chloe? What are these two up to?! She picked up the phone and pressed the answer button, waiting for Gabriel to say something. Finally he did.

"Chloe, so glad you picked up! So, how are Adrien and Marinette doing on their little date you told me about?! Marinette isn't suspicious of Adrien, right?"

Why would...? At this point Marinette was confused, and it didn't look like anyone was going to be telling her what was going on anything soon. Even Chloe knew, how was that possible that the girl Adrien hated knew, but the girl Adrien loved didn't?

"Chloe? You still there?" Gabriel's voice came up again. "I need to know how Adrien and Marinette are doing. Remember the deal we made right. Adrien will be with you once you complete your mission. Remember that you're the one Adrien really loves, not Marinette."

Marinette gasped, then hanged up before Gabriel would say anymore words. She looked up back at the Eiffel Tower, where Adrien probably still was, packing up, then she ran away. Away from Chloe and her phone, away from Adrien. Away from everything.

Adrien on the other hand was feeling guilty. That was his moment to tell Marinette, that was the perfect time, and he had let his negativity get the best of him. He had thought of the worst that could happen and chickened out.

He had called Nino for help so he could help him pack up. When Nino arrived, he pointed down with a frown. "Chloe is down there. Why?"

Adrien looked up at him. "Chloe? What is she doing there?"

"Well, she's asleep, that's for sure," Nino answered as he bent down to help. "So, how did the date go?"

"Not as well as I planned," Adrien sighed. "I... Have to try to tell her later. Maybe she would still agree to listen." Maybe I should visit her as a cat at night. It might be my last chance anyway.

Marinette was walking. She wasn't exactly sure in where she was, but one thing for sure, she was definitely far from home. She sat down on a bench and thought about what had been happening.

What if Adrien's secret was to tell me that he actually loved Chloe? What if he was trying to break up with me, but couldn't because he felt guilty.

Marinette shook her head, not knowing what to think anymore. She closed her eyes for a moment, but a moment turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours.

Marinette woke up with a start, not sure where she was, but when she looked around, she understood. She stood up, tired, not knowing what the time was, but it was definitely nighttime. I should quickly get home. Besides, the cat might be waiting for me. She looked around, trying to find her way back home.

Then she saw him. Adrien was running really fast, and he entered a corner. It looked like Adrien hadn't seen her, because he was busy running so fast. Marinette wasn't exactly sure on what was going on, and what she was doing, but if this was the secret, then she wanted to find out.

She walked inside the corner, where Adrien had walked in as well. She saw Adrien lean in against a wall, and then a sudden light covered him.

In a few seconds, a cat was standing in front of Marinette.