18

"Adrien, I'm home!" Emilie yelled out as she stepped inside. She dropped her handbag on the table. "Adrien?"

"Hey Mom," He walked down the stairs to greet her. "I.. Wanted to ask you something."

"Sure, what's up?"

"So there's this thing that's called a party and someone invited me. I wanted to know if I could go."

"Adrien...?"

"Please!" Come on! Marinette is going to be there, and you may not know, but I know how Chloe acts around her.

"I... Fine, just come back soon." Emilie could already guess that he was going for Marinette. His face said it all. But if Adrien was truly happy with being with Marinette, then she wasn't going to stop him.

"Thank you!" After giving his mom a quick hug, he dashed to his room to make the phone call he had been dying to make.

Chloe might have said she wasn't a liar, but she did lie. She said Marinette was such a mean girl, but it turned out that Marinette was actually so nice.

And Adrien wasn't so sure about Marinette coming either. He had heard that Marinette didn't like to go to Chloe's party.

"Hey Mari-"

"Adrien, are you going to the party?!"

Welp, she beat him to it.

"Y-yeah. You?"

"Yup. I just wanted to make sure you were going, and was about to call but you called first," Marinette giggled.

"D-do you want to go together?"

"I did tell Alya that we were going together (right after she hanged up on her and then called back) but you can join us if you want."

"Great!"

"Cool."

"Yeah, awesome." Adrien smiled.

"... Hang up first."

"No, you hang up."

"I want you to hang up."

It took 5 minites but Adrien finally hanged up on Marinette.

"Hey girl," Alya waved at Marinette and Marinette started running over to her.

"Oh, I see that Nino is with you," Marinette smirked. "Hey Nino."

"Yes," Alya looked down, blushing, but then that cleared up and she looked at Marinette in the eyes. "But I heard that you invited Adrien over."

Now it was Marinette's turn to blush.

"And speaking of Adrien," Nino pointed. "Here he comes."

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late," Adrien sent them a smile. "My mom wouldn't let me off until I repeated the five rules she gave to me."

Marinette, Alya and Nino looked at each other. "Five... Rules...?"

"Yup! No messing around, be polite to everyone, be responsible, show gratitude to those who earned it, and stay away from anything dangerous."

"Let's... Go..."

Mommy's Little Boy...

"Ahhh, Adrien... and you guys... Are here!" Chloe smiled very widely that it scared them. "I didn't think you would be able make it." It was like she was talking to Adrien. "Come right in. Help yourself. Make yourself feel at home."

As they got inside, Chloe sent Marinette a small glare. "Marinette, I hope you have fun here. Because the last time you came to my party, you went home after yelling at me. I hope I can be a better host this time."

"Yup, you better," Marinette sent her a fake smile, poppingt the 'p'.

"Now, let's go," Adrien grabbed Marinette's arm, dragging her away from Chloe. He didn't want this party to be about Marinette and Chloe having a fight.

"Hmm, yes. I'll have more fun with you around," Marinette smiled, looking back at Chloe who was cleaning her fist.

Marinette... Stop being so cute, or else I'm going to faint.

Chloe watched them leave.

Marinette, like I said...

I didn't set this party for nothing!