Chapter 8: Christmas

Kara's apartment:

"Merry Christmas guys! Oh I am so exited to see all of you but before we do anything there are a few things you should know. Lena and I are together now. I love her very much. And hit on her and I will literally throw you into space... I'm looking at you Olsen! " Kara jokes as she announces her relationship to the younger Luthor.

The people at her apartment include... Barry Allen, Iris West-Allen, Nora West-Allen, Cisco Ramon, Catlin Snow, Sara Lance, Ava Sharpe, Alex, Sam, Ruby, Nia, Eliza, Winn, Mon-el, Imra, Brainy, J'onn, M'gann, much to Kara's displeasure James Olsen, Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Lucy Lane. All of Kara's and Lena's closest friends.

"Ok Alex time for presents! " Kara yells excitedly.

"Ok gather round you all have at least 3 gifts here and we don't all have super speed. Looking at you Danvers, Arias, Allen, and Kent! " Alex yells jokingly.

All the heroes gather around and open gifts while having the best catch up conversations with each other. When almost all the gifts were opened Ruby walked over to Alex with a box.

"Can I have everyone's attention please? I would like to give Alex the final gift of the night and you are all going to want to see her reaction. " Ruby yells so all in the packed apartment can hear her.

"Merry Christmas Alex. I love you so much and I know how much you love my mom. You make both our lives 10 times better because not only are you in them. But so is the rest of our weird little family. "

Alex opens the box to find two different things a note and an envelope. The says turn around and Alex turns to see Sam on one knee with a ring in her hand.

"Alex Danvers you make me the luckiest alien here. Just to have you in my life is a blessing in its own and I thank Rao for that everyday we are together. But not only have you mad my life better but you have been amazing with Ruby and so will you make us even luckier and join our weird little family? " Alex just shook her head yes and almost tackled Sam while the whole party was cheering and clapping.

"Now open the envelope. " Ruby says.

Alex pulls out a big yellow envelope and opens it. She looks at the papers inside and then walks over to Ruby.

"Is this really what you want. Once it is done there is no going back. There is no return moms store ya know."

"I couldn't get rid of you even if I wanted to. So Alex I ask you... Will you adopt me and be my mom too? " Ruby looked almost afraid of the answer.

"Of course I would love to. I love you and your mom so much and even your weird little selves can't get me to leave you. No matter what. "

Everyone in the room erupted into cheers and applause. Alex and Sam and Ruby were in the center hugging each other as tight as they could... Well not Sam but ya you get the picture.

"Best Christmas ever! " Ruby shouts and everyone in the room laughs. It indeed was feeling that way. There was not a single person in the room who seemed to be unhappy about how the Holliday was turning out.

Then J'onn gets a call from the D.E.O and walks over to Kara.

"Kara we need to go. The D.E.O mapped s possible meteor a little to close to earth but there is something strange about the shape and aparent atmosphere. " Kara didn't quite get what he meant but she knew she  needed to go. She walked over to the middle of the apartment.

"Ok people me and a few of you guys need to leave. There is a meteor and we need to see it. Ok I need some volunteers to come with me and J'onn. " Kara knew he was going to come no matter what.

Within 5 minutes Barry, Clark, Winn, and Brainy were all going to go.

"Ok Mon-el I need to borrow your ring. It will allow me to breathe in space and fly no matter where I am so I might need that. " Mon-el was her best friend so he just pulled his ring off and tossed it to her.

"Ok well you guys can ride in J'onn's ship and I will fly so that way we all can go. "

"I have a better idea. Cisco can breach us there and then stay there with us and then bring us back. " Barry said while putting his arm around Cisco.

"Sure volunteer me for a mission when you could have just asked me... again. " Cisco moved away from Barry.

"Ok ok no fighting we can do that if that is what Cisco wants but we need to go to the D.E.O first. " Kara walked over to Lena.

"Ok I will be back soon and I promise I will make it up to you. Especially because now you have to watch Krypto. But I will be back in time for new years. No later then that. I love you. " She kissed her head.

"I love you too Kara. And please be safe ok? Come back to me. " Lena was terrified because she knew that anything can happen.

"Always. Hate to break it but you are kinda stuck with me.  No matter how hard you try you can't get rid of me. Ok, love you gotta go. " She kissed her on the lips for a few seconds and then walked out the door with her other friends. Cisco vibes them to the D.E.O and then Winn got to a computer.

"Ok we have a problem. Due to the atmosphere Kara and Clark won't have their powers. So we need to make sure that the rest of you are ready for a fight if it comes down to it. " Winn looked at all the hero's and they all nodded their heads.

"Well let's get to it then. "