Chapter 16

DEO:

Lena, Sam, Alex, and Ruby have been sitting at the DEO for 2 weeks hoping Kara would wake up. She has shown no signs of waking up and they are all losing hope. All but one, Ruby seems to be the only one who believes Kara is going to come back exactly the same. All the adults are losing hope by the day that Kara won't be the same when/if she wakes up. Ruby sits alone in Kara's hospital room and holds her hand, she does this everyday, she goes into the room, holds Kara's hand, and tell her about everyone's day. She knows she can't hear her but it makes her feel better.

It has now been 4 weeks since the incident and Ruby still comes in everyday. Sam and Alex worry about what will happen if they are told that she won't wake up. But she knows that it's always a chance, she gets it. She is in the middle of telling Kara about her day when she feels a small squeeze on her hand.

"Aunt Kara? Are you awake? " Ruby asks hoping for any sort of words coming from her mouth.

"Hey Rube, is your mom here? Either of them. I'm so happy you asked Alex to be your mom. Last week was the best week ever. " Kara said smiling.

"Aunt Kara it's been almost 3 months now since I asked Alex to be my mom. " Ruby told Kara, her concern clear in her voice.

"I was out for three months!? " Kara shouted.

"No you have only been out for one. What do you remember? " Ruby asks.

"I remember we just got back from Argo and I'm supposed to take my mom out to show her earth. Then I woke up here. Why? " Kara asked only getting more confused.

"I need to find my mom. She will explain everything, " Ruby stuck her head out the door and called for someone to call Alex, "Someone is getting her. " She said as she sat she sat in corner.

"Ruby what's wrong-oh Kara your awake! " Alex said running to her little sister.

"Yeah, but what month is it? " Kara asked confused.

"March? Why do you ask? " Alex was now confused.

"See Rubes, I've been out for 3 months. " Kara said to Ruby in the corner.

"Kara do you remember anything from January? Anything about what happened at CatCo? To us or with Maggie or to Lena? " Alex asked.

"No why? What happened to Lena? And what about Maggie did you finally catch her? " As if on cue Maggie walked into the room and hugged Kara.

"LITTLE DANVERS! I'M SO HAPPY YOU FINALLY WOKE UP! " Maggie said squeezing the Kryptonian.

"Ok what did I miss? " Kara asked confused.

"She has no memory of January. " Alex explains to Maggie.

"Well it could be worse. Where is Lena she should be here for this. " Maggie says.

"Rube, can you call Aunt Lena? Tell her Kara woke up but tell her she doesn't remember January at all. " Alex says to her daughter.

"Ok, love you. " Ruby says as she walks out of the room to call her other Aunt.

"What all happened in January? L really don't remember any of it? Are you sure I wasn't out already? " Kara asked confused.

"Yes Kara, I'm sure. Mom has been in National City since you first went into a coma. Actually I have to call her. " Alex says standing up to call her mother.

"Alex, where is my mom? Where is Alura? " Kara asked still without memory of the past 3 months.

"She had to go back to Argo. She told me to tell you she loves you and she is so sorry she can't be here right now, but the people of Argo need her to. " Alex says walking out of Kara's room.

"Well little Danvers I do have to say I missed you. And I know you don't remember what happened but when we explain it to you it will all make sense-" Maggie was inturuppted by Kara holding her close.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't melt your face off. " Kara said angrily.

"Kara, I know you don't remember but we are all good now. Cadmus was controlling me. You have to know I would never do anything to hurt Alex. Or any of you, you guys all excepted me for who I was, no questions asked. You guys all became my family. Even though we didn't see eye to eye on everything your like the little sister I never had. I love you Kara. You are my family and I'm so sorry I hurt you, and I'm sorry I hurt Lena, and I'm sorry I hurt all those people. " Maggie says as a few tears escape her eyes. Kara immediately let's go of the detective.

"I'm sorry Sawyer. I don't know what happened. Its like someone else took over. I never want to hurt you. I don't know what made me do that. " Kara said, fear evident in her voice.

"I should call Alex in here, and J'onn. He could check for psychic interference. " Maggie said walking to the door.

"Maggie, thank you. For everything. We all still love you and even though you hurt me, I forgive you. Your family. You always have been and you ways will be. " Kara says with a small smile.

"Thanks Kar, it means a lot to hear you say that. "Maggie says closing the door behind her as she walked out to look for J'onn who she dubbed, 'Space Dad'. Of course no one but the small family knew that. If word got out that J'onn J'onzz had feelings the world might as well just split into two. Kara smiles to herself at the thought.

She has never felt more greatful for all she has then she does right now. But she is taken back by a sudden wave if pure rage and anger. She is terrified of what this is, it can't be red kryptonite because she would have already snapped. No, this is something entirely different.

--------------------------------------------

A/N

So I'm sorry for posting a little late but I promise these next few chapters are going to be great.
                    -Alex