Chapter 18:

After running more tests Alex walks into the room with her sister and sighs.
"Alex it has been 3 days and you still don't know what's wrong? even if I had solar flared I should have gotten my powers back by now. "
Kara looks at her sister who seems lost in thought and sighs throwing a pillow at her.
"Sorry Kara I just don't know what to do or what's wrong with you, how long ago was the last time you flared? Maybe your cells just need more time if it's been a while. " Alex says hopefully.
"When Cadmus kidnapped me and Mon-el was the last time I solar flared, so who knows but usually I can tell if I solar flare. " Kara says slowly losing hope that she will ever get her powers back.
The two sisters continue talking until they hear a knock at the door and see Lena walk in.
"Still no idea why Kara doesn't have her powers? " She asks already knowing the answer.
"No we don't know why Kara still has no powers, we are hoping she just solar flared but we have no confirmation of that yet seeing as how she still has no powers. For now she's human. " Alex says and walks out of the room. Lena walks over to Kara hugging her, "We will figure this out. I promise we will, no matter what you'll always have us and powers or not, we will have your back. " Lena says trying to comfort Kara.
"I know, I just don't know who I am without them, Supergirl is who I am I can't just not be her. " Kara looks down at her hands and Lena gently lifts her face, "Kara, you're always going to be Supergirl, even without your powers she is always going to be a part of you whether you like it or not, the rest of us are powerless yet we still fight along side you all the time. Just because you don't have your superpowers doesn't mean you can't still be a hero. " she says smiling at her girlfriend.
Kara sniffles and hugs Lena the both of them standing there holding each other. Kara stands up slowly and wipes her face, "You're right, just because I'm not a SUPER hero doesn't mean I can't still be a hero. I am gonna ask Alex to train with me for a while. " she kisses Lena on the cheek and walks out of the room looking for her sister, as she searches the DEO she finds a door she never remembers seeing, she opens it and finds some boxes lying on the floor labeled "Alien 11935" and looks around seeing those are the only ones in the room, her curiosity gets the best of her and she tries to x-ray see into the box but remembers she has no powers, "Oh Rao, I forgot. " she says bending over picking up one of the boxes placing it on an empty, dusty, table.
She opens it to find some pictures of a tall woman in a black shirt and blue jeans talking on the phone, she thinks this woman looks familiar but can't quite place where she has seen her so she ultimately decided to keep reading the file. "Alien 11935, species: unknown, sex: fluid, age: unknown, powers: shape shifting, others still unknown, leaves a distinct signature wherever they go. " she looks up knowing that the DEO has focused on finding aliens and their powers and that there is not a single alien that they don't really know on earth.
Kara looks around the room trying to decide what to do when she decides to check the rest of the boxes, after about 20 minutes she has read the files in about 3 boxes and is no closer to solving the mystery of the secret alien who seems to have been causing quite a bit of trouble for the DEO. Kara decides that she's had enough sleuthing and decides to continue her search for Alex and starts to get up, as she walks out she bumps into someone and steps back. she looks up," oh sorry I didn't see you there my bad." she says not realizing it was her sister she was talking to. "Kara it's just me, what were you doing in there?" she asks and Kara looks back, "I was looking for you, Lena made a very valid point, I don't need powers to be a hero, so I was hoping that while my powers are gone you would train with me, keep me on my toes, keep me moving and keep me focused so I don't lose my edge when I get my powers back I can go back to being a hero." she says.
Alex nods and they start walking to the training room and pauses before they walk in," Kara your hand is still broken, are you sure this is a good idea? You've only ever used this hand to fight. " she says looking at her sisters hand concerned. "I know Alex, that's why I need to train, I can't only use one side of my body because it's what I'm used to, I need to be able to fight even without my powers and without relying on just one strong move." She says and her and Alex walk into the training room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: ok so I know I haven't updated in like 4 years lol but I finally got back in this acct and found motivation to write again. I hope you guys are ready for more chapters of this cause it's going to be so fun to finally come back. :)