~TWENTY THREE~

WOW! Almost 6k views!!!
It's my birthday today... (Feb 20) so I'm being nice and giving you guys an update!
Enjoy! 😊

Chapter 23

She lay back with her head on the pillow and Draco in the seat beside her, holding her hand. The nurse gently pulled her gown up to reveal her bruised stomach. Black and purple bruising was starting to cover her belly from where she had slammed into the edge of the desk.

Draco's eyes darkened at the sight of Hermione's belly, he was yet to ask her what had happened, but he would make sure to do that once they were alone again.

'So Miss Granger, how far along roughly are you?' The nurse asked as Hermione looked at Draco who took her hand in his and nodded with a smile at her.

'Umm about three weeks,' Hermione half spoke, half whispered as the nurse nodded.

'Ok well, we won't be able to see much, or hear anything as it's still early but there should be something that is darker then the uterus. If we can see that then there is hope but...' the woman warned as Hermione's eyes widened as she met the woman's.

'But what?' Draco spoke up as Hermione felt tears stinging her eyes, Draco's voice was slightly shaky as he asked the question.

'But! It doesn't mean you are out of the woods. We will have to keep a close eye on you, and you will have to come in every couple of weeks for check ups and ultrasounds to make sure you don't miscarry.'

Draco heard Hermione whimper and squeezed her hand gently as she gripped his hand tight as tears began running down her cheeks once again.

'Shall we start?' The woman asked as both Draco and Hermione nodded and watched as the woman grabbed her wand and pointed it at Hermione's stomach.

'Foetus revealus,' She said as a holographic sonogram appeared above Hermione's stomach.

Hermione didn't even realise she was holding her breath until the woman smiled sweetly at her.

'Just breath dear. Now if you look here!' She lifted her wand and drew a circle around a small cashew size looking dot in Hermione's uterus.

'That... is your baby... Well, foetus at the moment. It's no bigger then about 3 millimeters and is actually not much bigger then an apple seed. But it's there!' She smiled as Hermione breathed a sigh of relief as Draco stood slightly out of his chair, wide eyes glistening and mouth agape in astonishment.

Hermione's sonogram❤️❤️❤️

'Wow!' He whispered as Hermione grinned from ear to ear, letting out a small laugh as Draco was now standing. She leant across and bumped her head against his as he ran his fingers through her hair and kissed the side of her head as they watched the holographic sonogram in front of them.