6.

"Tryna find a balance, trusting you, trusting me
Feel a little heavy
Holdin' onto something that I don't need
I've been going through it." - H.E.R.

Jayla's P.O.V:
I sat in my car for about an hour trying to calm myself down before pulling off. I just couldn't seem to process all the things I just heard, all the things that just happened. I find myself more so angry at myself for not seeing this coming, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I gave him nothing but space and opportunity to be honest with me but instead he hid and avoided everything. My eyes started throbbing and I felt tears, but me being me I tried to fight them off. It then made me realize, more then anything I'm upset because I may feel more for Kentrell then I should but now that I know what I know..I'm going to do everything to shake this feeling. It's all for nothing anyway. I started my car and sped off. My phone kept ringing but I'm not only driving, I just don't feel like talking to whomever it was. Eventually I made it home and sighed when I saw Kentrell's car in my driveway. How the fuck did he even make it here before me. I moaned in irritation and got out the car, going in the house to see him talking to my mom.

"Baby you ok?" She took a breath in relief

"yeah ma, i'm fine." I mumbled, walking past Kentrell up the stairs.

"Jayla. Comere mane." Kentrell said lowly, walking upstairs behind me.

"Leave me the fuck alone Desean." I said sighing, going into my room and trying to close my door in his face. He was obviously stronger then me and made his way in.

"you gon let me talk or what?" He pleaded, looking down at me.

"5 minutes." I mumbled, sitting on the edge of my bed, glaring at him.

"I don't undastand what you so upset fa, I hid that shit from you to protect our friendship. Besides I ain't wan you lookin' at me differently cause of the choices I made.." he voiced, sitting next to me.

"Kentrell, I know as well as you know that you a street nigga before anything. So hiding this from me did nothing but drive a wedge between us and you kept you having another baby from me to protect us too?" I raised my eyebrow, turning towards him.

"I mean ion know mane, ery' otha time I came to you with my kids, you seemed uneasy. I don't know what that was really about but I also did that ta protect yo feelings. When I was ready, I was going to explain it to you cause Kacey was gon come aroun' you at some point anyway. Nene just luh being petty and starting shit she can't finish."

"I see, I bit my tongue to respect what y'all had going on. Babygirl don't know me so she better deal wit that shit she feeling and don't bring it to my attention again and the next time you hide sum from me ima fuck you up." I mugged him, shoving his head.

"yeah whateva lul girl. give me a hug so I can go." He opened his arms for me.

"I'm not playing wit ya ugly ass." I said getting up and wrapping my arms around his neck, as I thought of the lie I just stated.

Kentrell started rubbing on my hips and looked up at me. I felt myself about to just dive in and kiss him but when I try to shake it, he must've read my mind because as soon as I turned to look at him again our lips met..

TBC👀