Problems

I woke up at 6:00 for the last day of school. Then Percy and I would be able to go to the best place in the whole world-Camp Half Blood. The best camp on earth. I looked over at him. He was still snoring and facing the wall. Ever since I moved into the apartment I had better times at night. I wasn't alone. We literally split the room in half: one side blue and messy and the other side white and clean. I had bookshelves and a neat closet and even an easel and palette with my beautiful artwork hanging while Percy's side was... well you get the idea. I made the room myself because I had part of the architectural Athena inside me. I took a shower. I got dressed in an orange and black plaid with a plain orange tee. I reapplied my streak to make it brighter. I even laced in some magic to keep the streak bright for a few days. And it also made it sparkle instead of just shine. I pulled on some faded jeans and walked to the kitchen.

"Morning honey," Ms. Jackson said. For the millionth time I was still shocked to hear no Smelly Gabe yelling things at me. Last year my father Poseidon sent Percy back the package with Medusa's head. Ms. Jackson used the head on Smelly Gabe and sold him for a good amount of money.

"Morning," I smiled. I sat at the table. The early sunrise caught on my ring on my left hand middle finger. It was one of the final gifts from my mom before she died. My other gift is a Morse code key. I think I've already mastered half of the letters already. But the ring had three precious stones: peridot, ruby and sapphire. The peridot was my mom's birthstone, the ruby was mine and the sapphire just stood for my dad. I wasn't mad at Poseidon anymore. But I didn't forgive him yet. After a nice breakfast of rainbow waffles and eggs I started reading. The colorful waffles were always for celebrating a special ocassion. After a little while Ms. Jackson finally took a rest.

"Claira could you please get your brother for me?" she asked out of breath. I smiled and nodded. I got up and walked to our room. When I opened the door Percy was shivering and staring at the door.

"Bad dream?" I asked. He shook his head. I crossed my arms and stared at him. "Fine. Just get ready then," I walked back to the kitchen. When Percy emerged from the bathroom I stared at him. He chose to ignore me. After a moment or two he finally lost it.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked.

"Because I know something's wrong," Ms. Jackson and I chorus.

"Is it school or..." Ms. Jackson's voice trailed off. But both my brother and I knew what she was talking about.

"I think Grover's in trouble," he told us about his dream. Grover was running from what seemed like a huge monster. Then he dove into a wedding dress shop.

"I'm sure he's fine honey. He's a big satyr now. If he were in trouble we would've heard from camp..." she tensed up on the word camp.

"What is it?" I asked as gently as possible.

"Nothing. Tell you what. We'll celebrate in the afternoon. I'll take you guys and Tyson to Rockefeller center at that skateboard shop," she said. But something about her tone of voice bothered me.

"Wait a minute. I thought you said that we'd be packing to go to camp tonight," Percy said.

"About that... I got a message from Chiron last night," she twisted the dishrag in her hands. I became worried.

"What'd he say?" I asked.

"He said that it might not be safe for you guys to come just yet. We might have to postpone," she answered.

"Postpone? We're half bloods. That's the safest place for us on earth for us!"

"Usually dear. But the problems they're having-"

"What problems?"

"Percy... I'm very very sorry dear. I wanted to talk about it this afternoon. I can't explain it all now. I don't even think Chiron can explain it fully either. It happened so suddenly," she said. Then the timer chimed. Ms. Jackson almost looked relieved. "It's seven thirty. You two should get going. You don't want to keep Tyson waiting," she said.

"But-"

"We'll talk about it in the afternoon. Now you should go to school. You'll be late with Tyson," she said. She was right. Tyson didn't like to travel underground alone. I grabbed my backpack from the back of my chair and grabbed Percy's. I tossed him the backpack. I checked my pocket for Bluetide my awesome pen sword, slipped into my converse and headed out the door. We caught the Number Two train just in time.