All Aboard!

Percy and I were staring out over Long Island Sound when Annabeth and Tyson found us. When they found us we told them about the visit from Hermes. It took a while but we convinced both Annabeth and Tyson to come with us and to let Annabeth have Tyson come with us. I had the sense she didn't like Cyclopses.

"Alright. Time to talk to Dad," I looked at Percy. He nodded and we stepped into the surf.

"Hey Dad. How's it going?" Percy said. I sighed.

"Percy we're in a hurry. The harpies are coming," Annabeth hissed.

"We need to get to that ship over there. Please," I said. At first nothing happened. Then four white lines started to cut through the water.

"Fish ponies!" Tyson yelled in delight. He was right. When the creatures rose they had the bodies of horses in the front half and silvery fish bodies with rainbow tails.

"Hippocampi! Oh my gods they're beautiful!" Annabeth and I yelled. We got nuzzled by the two closest hippocampi.Then we heard the harpies coming. Tyson was still in awe. But with all of us we managed to get him on the big one in the middle. I got my backpack and they got the three duffel bags. We all mounted.

"Giddy up!" Percy yelled. Then we took off. We were swimming at the speed of jet skis. When we were closing in I could see the name of the ship: Princess Andromeda. I remember the myth of that girl who got chained to a rock so she could be a sacrifice to the gods. But then Percy's name sake Perseus saved her. The hippocampi swam to the side of the ship that had a ladder. I was ready to climb up when I heard splashes and laughing. I looked behind me. Tyson was having fun with his friend. All three of us got them to say goodbye but Tyson was genuinely sad. When we got on deck it was eerily quiet. There was no noise. But I felt something. Something bad. And a very familiar feeling that made my stomach ache a little.

"It's a ghost ship," Percy muttered.

"No," Tyson said.

"There's something here that's not promising," I nodded.

"Yes. Bad smell," Tyson agreed.

"I don't smell anything," Annabeth frowned.

"Cyclopses are like satyrs. They can smell monsters," Percy said.

"So what exactly do you smell Tyson?" Annabeth looked at him.

"Something bad," he answered nervously. Annabeth did a facepalm. We decided to crash in a room. We seperated with us girls being next door to the boys. Annabeth and I just sat on a couch and stared at the ground.

"Well. Good night," she said then flopped onto her side. I did too.

***

I woke up early the next morning. I got myself ready. When I was done the intercom announed stuff I didn't care about until,

"-and for our special guests, disemboweling practice on the Promenade!" I went out of the bathroom. Annabeth was sticking her head in the boy's room.

"Disemboweling practice?" I heard her muffled voice. We all got ready then walked around the ship. The mortals were in a trance. We saw a hellhound in the cafeteria. The mortals were laughing and feeding it. What? Then,

"Ssssix more joined yesssterday," I heard a hissing noise coming our way. We ran into the women's restroom. Annabeth and I leaned against the door.

"Yesss. He drawsss them. Ssssoon we will be ssstrong!" a second voice hissed. They sounded like snake women.

"We have to get out of here," Annabeth and I turned to the boys.

"Ya think I want to be in the women's restroom?" he asked.

"We mean the ship!" we whispered. Then I heard another voice. One that made me angry to the core.

"-only a matter of time. Don't push Agrius!" Luke. That little son of Hermes.

"I'm not pushing you!" another guy growled. "I'm just saying, if this gamble doesn't pay off-"

"It'll pay off," Luke snapped. "They'll take the bait. Now, come, we've got to get to the admiralty suite and check on the casket."

"Leave now?" Tyson whimpered. Percy, Annabeth and I looked at each other. We came to a silent agreement.

"We can't," Percy said.

"We have to find out what Luke is up to," Annabeth agreed.

"And smack the Hermes right out of him," I nodded.