Dodgeball gets Serious

School started off normal. Well as normal as Meriwether Prep could get. It was a private school that was awesome. Although it sometimes drove my Athena side crazy because you barely learned anything. I'll just stick with my Ancient Greek.At period 6 everyone was  excited. And I was too. Until I sensed something. Something bad.

"Uh... Mr. Kimberly?" I raised my hand.

"Yes?"

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked. He nodded. I jumped up and took off. My backpack was the same exact backpack I used on our first quest. So it'll be fine if I don't get to class in time. I started to follow my instincts. It led me to the gym doors. I busted them open. I knew it. Monsters. Everyone turned to me. Then Matt Sloan came to his senses.

"There's a girl in here!" he yelled.

"Shut it Sloan!" I growled. Then the tall giants turned to me.

"Ah. Daughter of the Sea God? Even better!" one of them tried to grab me but I dove out of the way. The dodge balls they were using were cannonballs that were on fire. I immediately knew what to do. I picked one up with my bare hands. I was immune to fire. I learned that during the lava climbing wall. I threw it with all my might to the giants. It exploded fairly well. He disintegrated on the spot. But then I was blew to a corner of the gym because of another cannonball. Before I knew it Percy and Tyson were helpless. I staggered up and was ready to jump on him when he tensed up. I looked down and saw that something grew from his stomach: the hilt of a blade. I immediately recognized it. The giant dissolved and she took her cap off.

"Annabeth!" I gasped. I was still weak from the corner crash. I stumbled to her.

"Hey," she said.

"Have you been-" Percy started.

"Yeah. I've been waiting to talk to either of you but neither of you were alone for long," she said. Then I heard the sirens blaring.

"Oh gods. You were the shadow... you were staring in our bedroom window," Percy reddened a little.

"Yes. Ok we get it. Meet us outside. And him," she motioned to Tyson. "Bring him too," she said. Then she turned to me. "Come on Clair," she motioned for me to follow. "Just concentrate on looking for me," she whispered then she put her cap back on. I concentrated with my eyes closed. When I opened them I could see a transparent Annabeth with her cap on. "See me?" I nodded. Then we ran outside.