We Receive Gifts

So the way Tantalus saw it was that the Stymphalians were just minding their own business but then got upset because of Percy, Tyson and Annabeth's bad chariot racing. So the other three got punished with dish duty while I had to fix the whole track. I was fine with it I guess. I fixed the stands in a snap, fixed the Aphrodite cabin, healed everyone. But I didn't burn up because they were quick heals. I was just a little annoyed at Tantalus for hating Percy, Annabeth and Tyson's guts. The campfire was depressing. But then Percy stood next to me. He said that he had an idea on saving the camp. He told us about his dreams. About Grover sending him empathy links. About Grover trying to save himself by pretending to be a lady Cyclops and wear a wedding dress. About the Golden Fleece. Then I stood with Annabeth. Tantalus tried to stop us but then the whole camp was chanting about saving the camp and needing a quest.

"Then I shall send our finest! Clarisse!" Tantakus announced. My mouth hung open. Percy tried to protest but I smacked my hand over his mouth. But then Clarisse went to consult the Oracle.

"Percy," I whispered. When he looked at me he became worried instantly.

"What?" He asked.

"Oh gods. I feel it coming," I was getting restless. The feeling was starting to grow. If I spouted Clarisse's prophecy at the campfire that wouldn't be good. Percy got Annabeth. She looked around for something that might help us. But when my mouth opened she just dove on me slapping her hand on my mouth. The Oracle part of me just kept going. We had to wait until the prophecy was over. I tried to fight it myself. But it was part of me. I couldn't fight it. When it was over I politely shoved Annabeth's hand off of me and gasped for air. "I think you just choked me," I coughed.

"Well it was the only way for you to shut up," she pulled me up.

"Uh... can you please explain what just happened?" Tantalus asked.

"She-"

"Sometimes I just say things that shouldn't be said," I smacked Percy. Then we were sent to bed. But I stayed behind. I used the Hades part of me and cloaked myself in darkness so I wouldn't be seen. Then I snuck off to the beach. I could always calm down when I was at the beach. The breeze always scented my hair. And it was peaceful with the waves crawling up the sand when the tide came in. After a little while I heard footsteps behind me. It was Percy with a blanket and a pack of Cokes.

"Hey," I smiled. He went to sit next to me. I laid back and looked up at the sky.

"Beautiful aren't they?" A voice said next to us. I sat up and looked to my right. Right next to us was a guy that was in running shorts and a marathon T-shirt. He had salt and pepper hair. And I could feel the power radiating off of him. He had an aura surrounding him. It was pure white. "May I join you? I haven't sat down in ages," this guy asked.

"Sure," I answered right away. If this guy is a powerful person then I think that I need to act nice.

"Oh you don't have to be hasty. I'm not going to shoot you down," he smiled at me. I sighed with relief. Then a phone rang. The jogger opened it up and the bright LED screen lit up. He took the phone call. When he ended it he began to relax again. "So. What now?" He asked.

"Um who are you exactly?" Percy asked instead.

"How do you not know?" I asked in disbelief.

"You don't recognize me a smart boy like you?" The jogger looked at Percy. After a little while Percy straightened.

"You're Luke's father. Hermes," Percy answered.

"Lord Hermes please never call him smart," I mumbled.

"Luke's father. Interesting way to introduce me. I prefer god of thieves better. Or god of messengers if you wish to be more polite," Hermes frowned. Hermes came here to give us two gifts: monster shaped multivitamins and a thermos that was a compass and could release the winds from the four corners of the earth. With the help of his two snakes, George and Martha, on his caduceus. He made a hint to make us save Luke.

"If there's anything I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on family. No matter how tempting they make it," Hermes sounded like a philosopher. I nodded. Hermes snapped his fingers and three yellow duffel bags and my red and black backpack appeared at our feet. "I hoped I packed enough for you. And hopefully your father would be kind enough to get you to the ship in time," Hermes said.

"Ship?" Then Hermes pointed to a cruise ship that was sailing away from the beach.

"You must make the choice. Your friends are waiting," I could hear Annabeth and Tyson calling our names. And the harpies could be heard from a distance. Then Hermes jogged off. Percy and I shared a look. Three duffel bags, two of us, one backpack and five minutes to make a decision.