Fire

There were two bulls. But not regular bulls. Of course not. They were bronze bulls the size of elephants. And they breathe fire. Naturally. But what I was really worried about was the fact that the bulls made it past the border on the hill. The border I'm talking about is the one that surrounds camp. It keeps out monsters. But there were bulls anyway. Clarisse called for border patrol. Border patrol? That didn't sound good.

"I'm going in there. You too Tyson," I started forward. But I felt a hand on my shoulder and a familiar chink! rang out.

"What? No! I don't want you to get hurt. And why include Tyson in this?" I heard Percy behind me. I turned to him.

"We can stop them. I'm immune to fire. It can so much as tickle me. Good thing I made those fireproof stuff over the school year," I made fireproof clothes, fireproof shampoo. Yeah I was busy over the year. "Fine. But come on!" I started to run up the hill. Both bulls were engaged with Clarisse. After the first one was done it turned its attention to me. It opened its mouth and a flamethrower came out. I held up both my hands in front of me. Then the fire came. I could feel the fire being absorbed by my hands. I learned that I can absorb fire. So it doesn't burn everything around me and, if I want to, to throw it back in the other's face. But a lot of fire can overwhelm me. After the first stream I was exhausted. I broke off from the stream. Then for the first time I unleashed the huge wave of fire. The stream exploded from in front of me. I made sure I didn't grill any other campers and only directed it to the bull. It just stood there pausing. Then after the stream hit it was just blown to bits. But not by the fire. Because of the force I used. I breathed heavily. I used a little Demeter magic to heal the grass and just for Thalia's tree. But something stopped the magic. There was a dark flash and pain on my right hand. I fell back into the grass with a scream.

Percy's POV

I was getting badgered by Clarisse since I tried to help her but I just distracted her. But she went off to help some injured campers. And Tyson also just got shot in the face with fire but wasn't a pile of ashes.

"Tyson-how-"

"Percy have you ever looked at Tyson directly? Ignore the Mist and really look at him?" Annabeth asked. I looked at Tyson. I started from the bottom. Then when I reached his face I tried to concentrate hard on his eyes. I mean... eye. The Mist cleared and now all I could see was one calf-brown eye right in the middle of his forehead.

"Tyson. You're a-"

"Cyclops," Annabeth answered. Then I heard a scream. I turned to my right. Clair fell into the grass. I almost forgot about her! Oops... I rushed to her with Annabeth right behind me. She was holding her right hand and was looking at the tree. Her face was shocked and scared.

"Thalia's tree," I looked toward the good old pine tree. Everyone knew about that tree's story. A daughter of Zeus Thalia went to sacrifice herself to save her friends. While she was dying her father took pity to her and turned her into a tree letting her spirit create the boundary that protects the camp. But now it didn't look well. The needles were yellow and a whole pool of them were surrounding the base of the trunk. And on the trunk a one inch puncture mark the size of a bullet hole was oozing green sap. My heart almost stopped. Then I looked back at Claira. She held up her palm. There was a deep gash running across her skin pooling blood. "It's poisoned,"