Surprise!

Claira's POV

"Come on let's get you healed up," Annabeth helped me up. When I stood I took in everything. All the armed campers, the archer nymphs. And the dying plants. That hit me hard. Next to the pine tree there was dying everything. The grass, the closest trees to Thalia's tree and some scorch marks. I felt like all the nymphs were looking at me a few really did. I know they want me to heal them but I can't risk doing more magic otherwise I might kill myself or chop off my hands at least. When Percy noticed I wasn't walking he came back.

"What's wrong?" Then he saw me looking toward the forest. A small "Oh," escaped his mouth. I sighed.

"Come on let's go," I motioned for him to follow. I caught up with Annabeth.

"Where are we going?" Percy asked once he caught up. Annabeth and I exchanged a look.

"The Big House," we answered. When we entered the Big House Chiron was in centaur form. Tyson paused and yelled "Pony!".

"Chiron. You're not leaving are you?" She hugged him. I was confused.

"Hello my child. And both of you have grown over the year!" Chiron exclaimed.

"But Clarisse said you were-" Percy stuttered.

"Fired,"

"What?!" A spark flew off me. "Oops," Percy backed up.

"Come here child. Let me heal you," Chiron motioned to me. I walked up to him. He grabbed a wet towel that soaked up my blood. Then he muttered in Ancient Greek. The gash closed up leaving a pink scar that went across my palm. He wiped up some remaining blood.

"Thank you. So back to the situation," I said.

"Someone had to take the blame. Lord Zeus was upset. Dionysus had to punish someone,"

"Pony?" Tyson whimpered.

"My dear young Cyclops! I am a centaur!" Chiron explained.

"But Chiron what about the tree? What happened?" Percy asked.

"The poison used on Thalia's tree is something from the Underworld. Poison that I have not seen,"

"Then that would explain why my magic backfired on me," I nodded.

"You tried?" Chiron asked in disbelief.

"No. I was just doing my magic and then when just one tendril touched the tree it shot back at me tainted a dark green. And it gave me that cut you just healed," I explained. Chiron told us that we had to stay here and not try to do anything rash.

"And girls. I want both of you to keep an eye on Percy and make sure he does not try to escape into the mortal world. Swear it on the River Styx.Just like old times Claira. Just like old times," Chiron tried for a genuine smile.

"I-we swear on the River Styx," Annabeth and I said. Thunder rumbled in the distance.

"Now I must go to the Everglades to see my wild kinsmen. I shall leave you with Mr. D and the new activities director," Chiron pat Annabeth's shoulder.

"Who's the new activities director?" I asked.

"This guy named Tantalus," Percy mumbled. That name sounded familiar. I scanned through all the Greek people I learned throughout the year. Then I focused on one story. My eyes widened.

"Him?!" I yelled. Another spark flew off. It landed on the wooden wall. It started sparking again into a growing fire but I absorbed it quickly. "Sorry. But seriously him?" I repeated. Then the conch horn blew for dinner.

"Go. I will call your mother," I flinched. "She'll be worried by now. I'll tell her both of you are safe. You will meet Tantalus at the pavilion. All four of you stay safe. Especially you two," he pointed to me and Percy. Then he clopped out. I leaned against the wall. Annabeth and Tyson started bawling. Tyson kept calling for 'pony' to come back. And when Percy said "It'll be ok," I smacked the crap out of him.

"You know that's not true," I muttered while I healed his cheek. Then we went to dinner. I trudged to the pavilion leaving the others behind. I got my food and reached the table. All the other cabins filed in. I'm always first to get in. I always thought I would get in trouble but Mr. D nor Chiron never cared. I saw a lot of my friends pass: Katie Gardener daughter of Demeter, Travis and Connor Stoll sons of Hermes, Charles Beckendorf son of Hephaestus, Will Solace Son of Apollo, Silena Beauregard one of the friendlier daughters of Aphrodite, the dryads, naiads and satyrs. Then when Percy and Tyson arrived a kid from the Apollo table shouted "Who invited that?" I sighed, rolled my eyes, summoned my long forgotten backpack, took out my bow and arrows, notched the arrow in place and stood up.

"Yo Apollo table!" I called. They turned to me then started to panic at my arrow. "Who said that?" I asked. They all looked to a boy with blond hair and brown eyes. I aimed my arrow. I drew it back. "What did you just say?" I asked.

"Uh-"

"Clair put it down. As much as I want you to do it put it down," I heard Percy call. But I shot it anyway. The kid screamed with some kids close to him. But it went right through his head. It landed on the table. I walked to their table. But I didn't pick up the arrow. I concentrated and it lifted from the table to above my palm. "It's an air-row," I said. "Be thankful it wasn't a real arrow," I glared at the boy. He was just completely scared now. Then Mr.D addressed Percy as the usual 'Peter Johnson'. And there was a horribly thin guy in prison clothes. Tantalus was basically as mean and ignorant as Mr. D could get. Percy trudged over to the table but he didn't eat much. After a few minutes we sacrificed part of our food to our father Poseidon. Then we had announcements.

"We are reinstating the chariot races!" Tantalus yelled. Campers were showing so many emotions: fear, excitement, disbelief. Clarisse objected because if we didn't have border patrol we were gonna be in trouble. Then we moved on to Tyson. "Where shall we put this beast? The Hermes cabin?" Tantalus looked over at Connor and Travis. They looked down. Well that made sense. That cabin was always full. They coudn't possibly have a six foot Cyclops. "Come now.Any suggestions where such a beast could be placed?" he asked again. Then gasps. I gasped along with them. I stared in horror at Tyson. 'No. No. No!' I kept thinking. I started to back away.

"NO!" I screamed. Then I ran away from the pavilion. Because above Tyson's head was a glowing green hologram of a trident.