-2-

The two walked for a while, Adachi wandered inside and Nanako was outside.

"Adachi-san, outside is foggy outside." Nanako stepped back inside, peeking through the door. "Not to mention cold."

Adachi leaned his posture. "Why is this happening, this is lame." his stomach grumbled.

Nanako wandered around, just a bit more.

"Why don't we just go back to sleep? We'll figure everything out tomorrow." Adachi opened the fridge door and grabbed the leftover Nibitashi. Nanako slapped his bottom.

"Go check on Dad, Imma check the neighborhood again." she stepped outside, she peered into each window of the houses. There was nothing, every house was lit with the same colours. Those odd colours. Once she turned around, there was a monstrous figure standing. It lunged towards her but Nanako was too busy shaking, dogining the attack didn't cross her mind. Her back slammed against the brick walls of the house, then she fell forward and onto the ground. It didn't occur to Adachi that the bang outside could've been Nanako, in fact, he forgot he worked with her because he was eating. But in the end, he did remember that Nanako went outside to check around the neighborhood and that bang could only be Nanako. Casually, he made his way outside and saw the child struggling to get up since the monstrous figure was pushing her downwards, choking her at the same time. It took only two bullets to kill it, Adachi walked over to Nanako and bent down.

"Hey kid, watch where you're going alright?" he said, looking at her

Nanako's words were muffled by the concrete sidewalk. "Mfm fowey.." which ment 'I'm sorry'.

As soon as she lifted her head up, Adachi flicked her forehead. "You're gonna need to learn how to defend yourself. Fortunately, I am not a teacher so good luck."

"Fortunately? Then how am I gonna learn?" Nanako finally got up from the ground.

The young man shrugged, heading back inside. "I'm heading to bed."

"But we-"

"Goodnight!" Adachi signaled his hand, leaving the door opened for the child.

Nanako knew there was nothing she could've done, so she headed back home as well. She headed upstairs with her head lowered. "Goodnight Adachi-san..."

Nanako closed her door, but the door was stopped by a golden book with a thick round spine. "Huh?"

She opened it, slowly revealing a familiar blonde figure on the other side.

" It seems you have the same faith as Narukami did." Margaret spoke.

"Big bro?" Nanako was happy that someone brought him up, that he might possibly know what is happening. That he can help her get through this. She instantly took out her phone and started to text him, Margret pushed her phone down.

"You won't be able to contact him at this hour, it won't go through. Right now your in a time where only those who are capable of entering this co-existing state. This is the Dark Hour."

"The Dark Hour huh..." the child looked down.

Margaret placed her hand on Nanako's head. "Go to sleep child. You will find out everything when the time comes."

And with that, Nanako trusted her words and went back to sleep.

-/////-

Nanako woke up the next day, hazy and lightheaded, to the sound of her father calling her.

"Nanako! Nanako!"

She walked slowly down the stairs, holding on to her forehead. "Good morning dad..."

"Nanako your late for school!" he fixed his tie as he put on his shoes at the same time. "I'm going to work now, I trust that you'll be able to go to school safely. Adachi is still here but he's sleeping. He'll be staying here for a while."

" Alright." she closed the door behind him. "Bye dad."

As soon as he left, she ran around the house, getting ready. I can't believe I'm late, why!!!! She plopped some bread into the toaster and put on her uniform upstairs. Then there was a knock on her door. After she put on her skirt, she opened it to find Adachi leaning in a lazy stance.

"What's with the noise kid?"

"Sorry I woke you up Adachi-san! You see, I'm late for school and I-"

Adachi cut her off with a yawn. "Well kid, You can do whatever, I'll be trying to sleep again."

"I'm sorry Adachi-san!" she bowed traditionally.

After leaving, Nanako walked down the hall, heading for the stairs but as she walked, she couldn't help but to notice Narukami's old room.

"That was the Velvet Room...."

The young teen took a detour for the room. Steadily, she opened the door, hoping for the same interior limousine to appear. Instead, the room appeared how it used to be, empty with one small T.V and curtains closed. She let out a sigh and closed the door.

"Wait, what am I doing, I gotta go!" she ran down the staircase and into the kitchen. She unplugged the toaster and took her perfectly toasted bread out, holding onto the edge with her mouth. Her next destination was school.

-/////-

Nanako continuously look back at the clock. Time was going too slow and she couldn't wait any longer to get out, more importantly, solve whatever this super natural state of mind she was stuck in. It was finally time that this class was over, and next up was lunch. Although she was hungry, that didn't make things better, her day so far wasn't the best. Being late for class ment she got scolded and spat by King Moron, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. And school just never seemed to end. She sighed and ate her Sticky Rice. Maybe later, she could check out the library if there was anything on the Dark Hour, this was the second time it happened, according to Margaret. But Nanako knew she wasn't fast at eating so she planned to check the library later.

" I only people at this school knew...." It was already hard that she had to deal with this and school. But if her cousin, Yu Narukami did it, she knew she could too. "Because Big Bro won in the end!"

She expressed her courage by accidently bursting upwards, punching her fist in the air and down. Her classmates stared at her, and Nanako sat back down.

" I'll win too!" she whispered.

Eventually, school came to an end and the young teen headed straight home, forgetting about her plan to visit the library. She found Adachi sitting on the couch, flipping through the channels on T.V

"You sure made yourself at home" she put her bag down.

Adachi turned his head. "Yeah. Dojima said I shouldn't go back to being his assistant just yet. It's not because he doesn't trust me, it's because I'm gonna hafta work for my status back for them. "

"Well, dad's just looking out for you." she took out a box of granola bars and some juice boxes, stuffed them right into her bag.

"Yeah, yeah, all of that shit. I've heard it." he put down the remote and stretched his legs. "I'll be here if you need me. I doubt you will, but whatever."

Knowing that Adachi would be taking a nap, Nanako quietly headed to her room to do her homework. Then, her phone buzzed.

5% left. Please plug in charger

"I should call Big Bro after then." she said as she started doing her homework. Nanako scribbled quickly on the page, thinkinking that if she finished fast, her phone would finish charging. Although that wasn't the case. By the time she finished, it was only charged to 30%.

"Good enough" she thought. The teen dialed the number and hoped for her cousin to pick up.

"Hello?" a man's voice said

"Big bro? I really need your help." she was straight to the point.