-10-

Twisting and turning repetitively in his sleep, Adachi slid his back against the cushions of the couch. He looked around the empty room, letting out a sigh.

"Goddamnit.." the man stood up from his so called 'bed' and headed towards the kitchen. "Dreams aren't real..."

Currently, Adachi had woken up from a nightmare, which he thought was quite embarrassing considering how old he was, but he never felt too old for many other things, this wasn't one of them.

He wanted to distract himself from such a thing, casually helping himself to the fridge picking on every other food item he saw.

"Tohru Adachi, I presume?" a femine voice, known to be Margaret, asked from a distance.

"Is this your way of saying hello, Goldilocks?" before poking his head out from the fridge, Adachi swallowed his food and put down the can of soda he was reaching for. "What're you even doing here?"

"Your heart cried out to me, in desperation." the book that she was holding opened up as if a gust of wind were blowing the pages.

Adachi had a quizzled expression with hints of annoyed features. "To hell with that shit, I've got questions to ask you."

He took a step forward, approaching the lady. "Look here, I don't get why we don't have our Persona's anymore, and why is the Velvet Room accessible to all of us. Oh yeah, don't think that I don't talk to the Narukami kid, he told me about it."

He pointed his fingers towards her forehead. "And how do you know everything?"

The pages stopped, her hand swiftly snatched a specific page that stood upwards. "Take this paper and write."

Dumbfounded at first, Adachi solidified his voice. "That doesn't answer my questions. What am I supposed to do with a damn piece a shit like this?"

Adachi knew he had the ability to intimidate people, it was just something that came with becoming a homicidal maniac. He raised his voice louder, but made sure it didn't sound like a yell, but more like a heavy demand. "Why won't you answer the questions straight forward goddamnit, how hard is it!"

Despite his attempts, the young lady wasn't at all frightened. She closed the book and held the ends, the pages facing her.

She then swung the heavy novel against his stomach. Her expression somewhat frustrated. "You must learn to be patient, recklessness can distort you, as like overconfidence can destroy you."

Margaret then pointed at then the page. "Record your desires, they dont have to be grand, they can be as simple as buying a cabbage at Junes. After everyday, the words on the page will be erased so that you can write again the next."

Adachi clutched his stomach, bearing the pain momentarily. "What's the use in this lady? Wait where do you think your going?"

"Be patient, the answer may be closer than you think."She said, walking away. Margaret turned her head to take one last glance. "Go on with your journey, collect those artifacts, balance the two worlds and...one request, personally from myself."

-/////-

This time, he hadn't woken up from a nightmare, in fact he had slept quite well, much better than when he encountered Margaret. He woke to the sound of Minako's touch, attempting to wake him up as she called out for his name.

"Ugh..." he moaned, squinting his eyes at the natural lighting of the room which seemed to be quite bright if not covered but Minako's head.

"Adachi-san, it's an hour past noon, you need to wake up."