-9-

"Ah Nanako-chan, is that you?" the detective kneeled downwards, holding her hand out.

"Naoto-san!?" She grabbed onto her hand ,pulling herself upwards.

Naoto stood up. "You've grown a lot ever since the last time I saw you, when was it, a tutorial?"

Nanako brushed the dust off her pants. "Yeah, that was a while back huh? What're you doing here?"

"Ah, funny you should as such a question." Naoto sighed. "I'm on the hunt for Yukiko. After what happened at the inn, I still don't understand why she would do such a thing, it's not like her to do so. That's why I'm here to look for her, I want to question her. I still don't forgive her."

"I see." Nanako remembered the gruesome incident.

"Anyways Nana-chan what brings you around such a hazardous place?" Naoto looked over, changing the subject.

"O-oh right! My dad sent me here as medical relief, he said it'll count as a part of my training hours." Nanako answered automatically. "I don't know how, but as long as I'm one step closer to becoming a detective, that's all."

The young adult glanced at the distant. " Seems like you have a lot in front of you, might I tag along? I may be able to find more about Yukiko's whereabouts."

" I don't mind!" she nodded her head. "Actually, it'd be ten times better than me having to walk alone, I don't know my way around Osaka, I'm supposed to meet up with the rest of the medical team."

"Oh so is that where you're headed." Naoto said, already leading the way. "I was just talking to them a moment ago. "

"Really, man your such a life safer Nao-chan!" Nanako caught up with her, looking up ahead at the crowd that huddled close to each other as they aided the wounded.

"Oh Detective Prince, your back already?" the man chuckled, putting his hand over a woman who seemed an inch smaller than himself.

Naoto scratched her cheek with her index finger. "Well it seems that a former friend of mine came here on behalf of Ryotaro Dojima."

Nanako forgot her fear of socializing with people, she was often shy only because she hoped not to place her foot the wrong way. She then waved her hand. "I'm Nanako Dojima."

"Oh so your Dojima's kid huh?" the man bent over. "Hey Kaede, you remember Ryotaro right?"

She leaned over as well, patting Nanako's head. "Lil' Ryo? This is his kid? If it weren't for him, we wouldn't of gotten married."

"Did my Dad really do that?" she questioned.

"Yep, we were pretty close. My wife and I here were quote-on-quote 'trouble-makers' back in high school." The man said, standing straight. " But he was our little guy who kept our secret. He's not the best liar but he was a really good decoy. He could cry easily or pick up other problems and report them to the teachers."

"We all made a time capsule together after 9th grade and dug it up on our last year." Kaede looked back, checking on the workers. "When we dug it up, we found out that each one of our papers said that we should get married. Of course we didn't write it, it was obvious Ryo wrote it, his handwriting was recognizable."

Her spouse then sighed. "I wonder what happened to the originals anyway. Welp, let's get to work then, all you need to do is give the right treatment to the kiddos who are injured, it's probably just bandaging them up and stuff."

Nanako went her way to start tending the wounded. "Roger that."

Naoto sat down beside her, scribbling in her small notebook. She analyzed the area, walking back and forth, asking citizens questions and sitting back down.