-7.5-

"Take a seat if you'd like."The blondette gestured her hand. "You must be exhausted."

The child sat on the luxurious couch, he body felt as if it were resting in warm water. "Shouldn't everyone else be here too?"

"There is something I'd like to discuss to you privately." Margret flipped through the pages of that one book she held. "You've just recently faced your shadow no?"

Nanako fiddled with her fingers, not quite understanding her. "By Shadow, you mean another version of me?"

"Correct. So it seems you have faced it." the blondette paced around the room

"Is there...something wrong with that?" she hoped that she hadn't made a mistake. The teen already felt she made too many mistakes. Were they mistakes that were expected, or were they dumb mistakes only clueless people would make? Nanako felt the second option was more accurate.

"No no, nothing wrong with that." she stopped in the middle. "There was just one factor that shouldn't of occurred."

You probably know by now, there was something that each one of our old team of protagonists, the Investigation Team, went through. A fight against their true selves, neglecting them and then after accepting them.

"But what happened in your case, Dojima," Margaret continued the statement before. "You face it,neglected it, but it didn't return for you to accept it."

"Accept something that tried to kill me? Why would I do that?!" she raised her voice. To her, the answer sounded obvious but she had yet to know why.

"When you accept it, you'll know why." the pages of her book blew as if there was a zephyr breeze in the air.

"How am I supposed to do that when I don't want too.,when it's too late?" at this point, it sounded as if Nanako was a spoiled brat.

Margaret walked closer to her. "This is what I brought you here. I will set you up somewhere in your dreams, there you will have to face it. If you die in you neglect it, you will not be able to wake up."

"Is this really necessary? Why are you so persistent on this?" she asked. "I'm not gonna sleep then."

Tired of her disobedience, Margaret let out a sigh. "Fine then, do what you please."

Nanako got up and exited the room, but instead of entering into the hallway, she found herself on a plain checkered field. Across from her left withstood a familiar acquaintance she had encountered, not too long ago. The teen looked back constantly, but to find only the endless checkered squares that covered the field.

"I have unfinished business with you." the shadow spoke, raising a blade.

Nanako started to panic, ho was she supposed to fight? She would've used anything that was provided to her, but there wasn't anything.

"Unless.." she thought of fist-to-fist, despite her lack of knowledge. The only thing she knew was fist to the face and swing your arms until they fall down. Although she was still doubting this plan, a fist to a blade, her arms would but cut off within seconds.

The shadow charged towards the child, slicing in different directions, Nanako kept on jumping backwards or to the sides, which ever way she could that would evade andy bloodshed.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you fighting back?" the other self taunted.

She dogged once again. "I can't fight back, can't you see?!"

"Useless, pathetic, ASS!" She yelled in between her hits, and each one of them landed on Nanako herself.

Nanako found herself helpless in between the hits that landed on her. She couldn't even block them successfully if she tried. Angered at herself, the child finally raised her voice.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" The child swung her arm, flinging the blade away, after then, she calmed down.

The Shadow was now helpless, just as helpless as Nanako was, and because of this, Nanako drew the blade and seathed it against her neck. "What do you want from me?"

The Shadow then collapsed to her knees, tears started to form, her head lowered. "I want...I want to be with you once more!"

The child watched as the tears to her shadow self rained down. "I don't understand..."

The Shadow raised her head up in despair. "Can't you see, I am a part of you! I'm an the part of you that you neglect to see, to be, to have!"

Her voice lowered, into more of a calmer tone. "So now, I've drowned into the despair you had. I was your pain but now, this doesn't feel right. Do you know why I attacked you?"

Nanako shook her head, responding with a 'no'

"I am your pain you feel, you don't want to feel it, that's alright, I'll take it for you. But when I finally saw you, your instincts of pain acted up. I thought, if you weren't going to accept me normally, I would've used strength. We used to share pain, but now I am the only one who feels it. I have emotions too you know, and this hurts."

"I-I... I'm so sorry." Nanako stepped forward. Slowly, she got closer and closer to her Shadow. "Your right, there was something I've been neglecting. The pain I used to feel whenever I was home alone, I told myself that since I'm growing up, I should put it aside and move on. And if anything happened, I would make sure that I brushed it off. But now, I can feel it again, it does hurt. These emotions, I was, I am.."

She too bursted into tears. She threw her arms around the other self, embracing her warmly. "I'm so sorry!"

The two were embracing each other, crying on one another's shoulders. They were finally sharing their emotions once again, they had conjoined. Tighter and tighter, they huddled until they knew they had to let go. The shadow wiped her tears.

"Do you accept me now?"

The young teen wiped her tears as well, she softly smiled."Yes, I can't keep this up for any longer. If you really are me, what you said was true, and I can feel it in my heart."

She smiled back, but her smile looked shattered. "Thank you"

She then faded away, leaving Nanako in her sitting position, but she was too tired to find a way out of this endless checkered field that she fell asleep. A light seemed to shine from beyond as a gate opened. Here, a familiar figure walked in and held the child in her arms. She then hide an Arcana under her holding hands, the Arcana of Justice.

"Goodnight Nanako-chan." The goldilocks walked through the gates, into her room and tucked her in bed.