-6-

Nanako woke up the next day, enthusiastically. Now knowing what tod do, she was determined to walk this path with her head held high. The first thing she needed to do was attend her classes, after then she will pay a visit to Marie's place.

She made her way downstairs, the aroma of freshly baked pancakes filled the air but the sound from within the kitchen constricted with the aroma.

"Damn, what the fuck!" Adachi exploid.

"I-it's alright! All you need to do is clean up and make sure they don't burn. O-oh! The pancakes! Adachi-san could you get those please!" Minako said in between the clangining and baging of the kitchen utensils.

Nanako peeked her head inside the kitchen and giggled. "Good morning!"

The adults were scattered across the kitchen, the whole place was a complete mess. Minako turned around, continuously stirring the mixture. "Nana-chan! Don't worry, your breakfast is almost ready!"

"What's with the sudden Master Chief Battle Arena?" Nanako walked in, taking a seat.

"Mina-san here wanted to make a special breakfast, in celebration of actually getting somewhere." Adachi said, flipping the current pancake that was being cooked in the pan.

"Well, I mean, this is also to raise our spirits. We've all been moping I thought we needed a little something, ya know?" Minako smiled at the child, handing over her lunch.

Nanako grabbed it and looked over at Adachi, she was more excited for breakfast than lunch.

With a flip, toss and turn, Adachi soon placed the last pancake on top of the other and served it to her. He then pointed at the table. "Condiments are over there, don't make a mess and pay attention in class."

"I'll eat this on the go, I'm gonna miss the bus if I stay here!" she laced up her shoes and opened the door. "Bye!!!"

-/////-

She flipped through the pages of the textbook, waiting for the last few minutes of class to finish. If it ever would, that was. Time would endlessly tick by without a care in the world, and here she was dreading through it. There was no end, until the bell rang, and freedom could be felt at last. Nanako jumped out of her seat, hunching her bag over her shoulder and exited the room. She pulled out her phone, clearing all her notifications that bothered her during class but one caught her eye.

Adachi

I'm picking you up today.

It was quite nice of him the man to pick her up, but why so sudden? Nanako wanted to look on the bright side of things, maybe he just wanted to redeem his self esteem? Or he was just doing something nice? It didn't matter to her, she looked around for his car.

"Hey kiddo, here" he called from his car.

Nanako went straight into the car without a second thought, she saw Minako sitting in the passenger's seat. The teen waved, she smiled.

"We're going to Maire's place, she said she almost got hit by a car but something interesting happened" Minako finally contributed in the conversation.

"W-what?!" Nanako would've jumped back, but she was currently strapped into her seat by her seatbelt. "And what was so interesting about almost being hit by a car!"

"I dunno," Minako sighed. "She just said it was interesting."

Nanako slouched back into her seat, hoping for the best. The only option she had so far enjoyed the scenery as Adachi drove by, while her pit of her stomach was rising with anxiety. They soon parked right in front of the house rather than the driveway, just because they had no patience whatsoever. With each step she took, Nanako's anxiety skyrocketed.