Rant 14) Overly Japanese

Have you read a story or more that over sensitizes the words "baka?" "Kawai?" "Hai!" that soon loses the meanings of these words

Have you read a story or more that over sensitizes the words "baka?" "Kawai?" "Hai!" that soon loses the meanings of these words... or I bet we all read that one story that has too many phrases in Japanese for no reason? So I was just reading a fanfic on here actually... so I will just... ugh here we go. And these are just snippits of the paragraphs..

"Shiro!" a voice called from the main room.

"Sumimasen, Kaasan!" Shiro squeaked as she thumped on the worn tatami floors over to her mother who stood in the corner of the main room, preparing dinner on a short counter. A small stove burned quietly next to her, a pot of rice boiling on top.

~~~

Yoru seemed comforted by these words, for she launched herself from under the blankets and tackled her elder sister, buring her nose into Shiro's thin white cotton dress.

"Daisuki desu, neechan! (I love you, elder sister)" Yoru squeaked as her thin around wrapped around Shiro's waist.

"Daisuki desu, imouto," Shiro sighed.

~~~

Shiro carried the dishes over to the low table in the middle of the main room, bringing over rice bowls, chopsticks, and a large ceramic bowl filled with the hot miso soup. Just as she added the tea leaves into the teapot, the door creaked open.

"Todaima (I'm home)," the man announced as he slipped off his sandals at the door.

THIS IS STRAIGHT OUT HER GRAMMAR!! So I decided to not tear up the first chapter. But there are just annoying Japanese phrases all throughout. I mean... using Japanese phrases is just pure annoying and just weaboo talk at this point.

Things that are fine using Japanese in your stories

Your family; brother, sister, mother, father, uncle etc

Names obviously whether it is your own OCs, pet names, object names, other means that deserve a name or place.

Jutsu names

formalities

Some words, gomen, arigato, etc

There are others but these are the main ones that should be in Japanese

There are others but these are the main ones that should be in Japanese. But FLAT OUT reading the google translator in your books is an immediately a shut off for my sake.

For any of my stories, I add a little Japanese like usual. I don't need to add it to being full blown to an extent Japanese which is annoying. It IS annoying... a pet-peeve in fact.

I don't want to read phrases in Japanese when you could have wrote it out in english. LIKE WTF...

Just keep it real and not weaboo garbage phrases that make me wanna commit sepuku here.

And there are some stories that continuously use words like 'baka' throughout... god I would rather just use the term idiot instead because then I am not making some cringe book for my readers.

I think I read enough of these for now~