The Kiss that shouldn't be-Avery's POV

2 weeks since Stella died

I haven't talked to any of my old pack. I got a couple of texts from Sophia saying  that she was back, but not the same. Stella had turned her humanity off.
I didn't want to go help them since the last time I did that I kinda took my brother away from them. Ayden ran after all James and the old pack had a fight. He hasn't called or texted me back.

I was living at the Blades Headquarters with the rest of the army of vamps. Savanna and I shared a room. She was asleep and I didn't want to bother her so I went to the big room where James was.

"Avery the person I was waiting for," he said with a smirk.
"Why?" I was confused.
"Well I have a thing for you to do."
"What is it?" I was still confused.
"I need you to trick someone into sleeping with you." He was smirking.
"I'm not doing that!" We had a weird relationship, but he was still kinda nice to me. In like a creepy older boy best friend kinda way.

I stormed out of the room and back into the little room that savanna and I shared. She was up.

"Hi"
"Hey Sav,"

We started talking about pointless stuff. She was like my best friend ever and I never knew I could be so close to someone.

"Why did you go talk to James?" She said looking down.
"I don't know. It was something about hooking up with someone. I didn't want to do that." We both started to laugh.

"I hope my old friends are okay. Apparently Stella is a vampire." I told her.

"Well I hope she is doing better than the last one of them." I looked at her.

"Ayden is doing fine he just doesn't want to deal with any of these." I was trying not to think about Danny and Ayden and our dead parents. That always made me so sad when I thought about them.

Savanna put her hand on my hand. "I know you hurt when you think about them." She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Sav,  I really needed this." She smiled at me. I looked at her.

She leaned down and kissed me. I looked at her shocked. I got up.

"I'm sorry I just love you and I don't know what you felt for me." She was really nervous and upset now.

"It's fine I just don't think I like you in that way. I love you and your my best friend." I tried to hug her. She bolted for the door and I ran after her.

"You can talk to me!" I grabbed her by the hand.

"No I can't not anymore. I love you so much and I don't think I can just be your best friend anymore if you can't love me in the same way." She said in stern voice. She walked out of the headquarters. I was shocked and I would have gone after her, but I knew she needed space.