Chapter 8 : Starbucks

• इन्हें समर्पित: Ms_Monster

It didn’t take long to get to Starbucks and I was there in a matter of minutes. I had always enjoyed going to Starbucks because they had the best coffee and chocolate chip muffins. The coffee smell that filled the whole shop always put me in a better mood. I headed to the counter to order my coffee and muffin.

While I was waiting for my order to be ready I looked for Elizabeth. I spotted her sitting in the back of the shop near a window. When my order was ready I went to sit with her.

“Sorry that I'm late, I didn't notice the time.” I apologized.

“Oh, I don’t mind. So did you like the town center?” She asked politely.

“Yes, the people here seem very friendly as well.” I told her.

I was trying to guess what the several red plastic bags on her chair held. Realizing that they were probably my school books I couldn't help thinking about my encounter with Jack that morning. I made a mental note that I would text him tomorrow.

“What are you so smiley about? Oh, I bet you met a guy!” She exclaimed.

I didn't know how she had guessed what I was thinking, but I trusted her so I told her the truth.

“Yeah, I did meet a guy. His name is Jack and-“

“Is his father John Flynn, the owner of the bookshop not far from here?” Elizabeth said, interrupting me.

“Yes he is. Wow, you guessed who he was quickly. Do you know him?”

''Well, I’m a good guesser. I do know his father, he's an old friend of mine. We went to college together. We’re still friends now and get coffee every once in a while. He's always talking about his son, Jack. He seems like a nice young gentleman. But let me warn you, don't fall in love too fast, it’ll only get your heart broken. Like my daughter’s.” She told me.

I was blushing and tried to change the subject. I couldn't be in love! I had just met him and I barely knew anything about him.

“I didn't know that you had a daughter.” I told her.

“Well you’ve only known me for a few days! Her name was Emily, she was married to an Italian business man. They both died five months ago in a horrible car crash in Rome. I miss her so much. I never stop thinking about her.” She told me with tears in her eyes.

“I am so sorry.” I told her.

After that we didn’t talk much, we just sipped our coffee in a comfortable silence. 

As we were getting into the car Elizabeth said one more thing, “Willow, you remind of Emily so much.” She smiled sadly as the chauffeur drove off towards the mansion I now called home.

                                         ______________________________________

“How was your trip Willow?” Dane asked me when we arrived back home.

“It was great, I liked the center very much. I even decided to buy a cell phone with the money you gave me.”

“Glad you had fun Will.” He told me, clearly pleased.

“If you don't mind I am going to my room to relax a little.” I told him.

“Sounds good! See you at dinner.” He told me.

After I changed into some comfortable sweats, I sat on the little floral sofa with a paper and pen.

I was going to write my family at the orphanage a letter to let them know how my life had already completely changed since I had been adopted.

Unknown Past (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें