Chapter 14 : Who is he?

That morning when I looked out of my window I saw that it was drizzling. From my wardrobe I picked out a red military jacket, a gray shirt, a black mini skirt, dark gray leggings and black wedge boots.

See you in 10 xx

 Jack texted me.

I'll be waiting for you :)

I was so excited, even though it wasn’t a first date I still got a fluttery feeling every time I saw him.  

I was drinking hot chocolate with mini marshmallows in the living room when I heard the familiar honk of a horn. 

“Bye guys! I’ll be back later.” I told Dane and Amy while I made my way to the front door.

“Take care sweetie and tell Jack that we said hi.” Amy told me.

I wondered what had gotten into her, she didn't seem like she had liked him from the first time that I had mentioned him and now she wanted me to tell him she said hello.

“Hey gorgeous you look beautiful like always.” He said before leaning in to kiss me.

Every time we kissed fireworks went off in my stomach. Everything about Jack was perfect.

“Thanks. So, where are we going today?” I asked him cheerfully.

“It's a surprise. Is it ok if we spend the whole day together today?” He asked hopefully.

“C'mon you know I hate surprises, and of course it's okay with me if we spend the day together. I love being with you.” I told him smiling.

“I love being with you too.” He said while he grinned at me and started driving.

After about 20 minutes we had arrived at a small village. The houses and shops there were all very colorful and it looked like something out of a fairytale book. It didn't take long to find a parking spot and we got out of the little red car hand in hand.

“This place is really pretty I love it!''I exclaimed.

“Glad you like it love. Yesterday you told me that you needed to tell me something. I hope that you haven't forgotten because you know how curious I am. I barely slept last night.”

“Of course I didn't forget but we need to go somewhere were there aren't many people so they don't hear us.”

“Ooh, a secret! I know just the place.” He said jumping up and down- mimicking a little kid.

He took me to a small café. It was completely deserted, perfect.

When we had sat down at a table far away from the other people I started telling him everything that I had found out.

After about fifteen minutes of me talking I stopped and Jack asked a question. “So, do you know from who you are going to drink from when you change?” He asked me after I had explained everything.

“I really don't know and besides I don't want to drink anyone’s blood, it sounds disgusting!”

“But if you don't you will die Willow! I never want to lose you. You could drink from me if you'd like.” He told me.

“But then we will imprint.” 

“So what? I know we haven't known each other for very long but it feels like forever.” He told me.

I knew that what he was saying was completely true but I still had to think about it, after all I didn't want to rush into things that I could regret.

“That's true, but I still have to think about it.” I told him honestly.

We stopped talking to drink our coffee. While we were drinking I noticed a guy about six tables away from us. He was staring at me with a smirk plastered on his face. He looked about my age, had gorgeous dark blue eyes, dark blonde hair and a very muscular body. He was absolutely gorgeous.

I widened my eyes when I saw that he was wearing a full moon pendant on a leather necklace that looked very similar to the one that I had.

He was a royal vampire.

When Jack saw the shocked expression on my face he followed my gaze and looked very angry when he saw the guy. He clearly knew him from somewhere.

“Do you know him?” I asked him.

“Yeah he's Cole Stark, he goes to the same school with me. He's the biggest jerk in the whole school. He’s also the biggest player. Trust me Will you don't want to get to know him.”

“Did you see his necklace?” I asked Jack. His eyes widened when he realized that he was like me.

Jack cursed under his breath and at that precise moment Cole started to make his way toward us.

“Hey there gorgeous I'm Cole Stark. I don't believe I’ve seen you before.” Cole told me.

He was clearly flirting with me and that started to piss Jack off.

“Hi, I'm Willow Anderson and I just moved to Castlewellan.”

“Nice to meet you Will. Let me ask you something, are you one of us? A vampire?” He whispered in my ear in a seductive voice.

Goosebumps rose on my body.

“Yes I am, but I haven't changed yet.”

“I must be older than you, I changed about a year ago. I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other very, very often Willow.” He said as he winked at me.

Jack had been steaming this entire time. “Go away Cole! Just leave us alone.” Jack yelled at him I had never seen him this furious before.

“Is this your little human boyfriend? How sweet.” Cole said in a mocking voice.

“That’s it!” Jack said and before I knew it he and Cole were fighting each other. Clearly Cole had done something to Jack in the past that upset him.

“Stop it! Both of you! You are acting like children!” I yelled angrily at them.

After I had yelled they both stopped immediately and I walked out of the small café. Just before I went out into the cold weather I overheard Jack saying something to Cole.

“Don't you dare do what you did to Emily to Willow. If you do you’ll wish that you were never born.” Jack told him in a threatening voice.

“We’ll see about that, after all Willow belongs with my kind not with you.” Cole laughed and I heard the café door shut.

I had just made a few steps outside when Jack caught up to me. 

“I'm so sorry about that Will I promise it won't happen again.” He told me and enveloped me in a bear hug. 

“Who is Emily, and what did Cole do to her?” I asked him.

He sighed sadly.

“C'mon I’ll tell you everything in the car.” He told me with a sad look in his eyes.

I could tell that whatever Cole had done to this Emily girl really disturbed Jack.