Chapter 15 : The Flynns

We got into the car in silence and Jack started driving. I could tell he was thinking really hard about something by the way his forehead crinkled. After five minutes of silence Jack started to talk again.

“Emily,” He started, “Emily was my sister.” He told me with a sad voice.

When he told me this I was really surprised he had never told me that he had a sister in fact he had told me that he was an only child.

“Why didn't you tell me about her before?”

“I didn't tell you about her because I didn't want you to find out about Cole. I knew deep down that you two were still going to meet since he goes to the same school that you will be. I knew he’d try to do to you what he did to Emily.” The anger rising in his voice.

He hit the steering wheel with his hand and then sighed. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be angry at you. You didn't do anything wrong.”

“What did Cole do to Emily?” I asked him.

“Emily was a year younger than me and I was very protective of her. I never wanted her to have some guy break her heart, I mean I was her older brother- it’s only natural. One day when she was 15 and a half years old she told me that she had her very first boyfriend, Cole. She was so excited because he was the most popular guy in the school and every girl wanted to be with him. She fell in love with him very quickly, but every time I saw him I knew that he didn't feel the same way about her. That was when I started to suspect that something was up.”

He paused and I could tell that this was hard for him to talk about.

“After one month that they had been together Emily started to avoid me and our father and instead started to spend every minute with Cole. One night we received a phone call from the hospital that Emily had been badly hurt and was dying, when we arrived at the hospital she was gone. I was so sad, I didn’t even get to say goodbye.” Jack’s voice cracked and he paused for a second. 

“The doctors told us that when she was out with Cole a wild animal had attacked her in her neck, but now I understand everything. Cole killed her by drinking from her.” He told me in a slow voice.

I was so shocked when he told me this, was I going to become like him when I changed? I didn't say anything because I had a million things running through my mind.

“Willow that's why I don't want you to become close to him, I don't want to lose another person that means so much to me.”

“Jack I'm scared, what if I become like him when I change? I don't want to drink from a human more than ever now knowing how easily I can kill them!” I told him worriedly.

“You won't become like him. He was a jerk even before he changed, you’re nothing like him.” He reassured me.

I hadn't realized that he had parked because I was still thinking about Cole. He had clearly done something to me because every time that I thought about him I got goose bumps all over my body and I wanted to see him again. I couldn't be falling for him!

“C'mon Will let's just forget about what happened.” He told me while he helped me out of the car.

I believed that that was the right thing to do, I was with Jack now and I knew he was all that I ever wanted. Right? I shook the thoughts of Cole out of my head as I climbed out of the car. 

“Where are we going?” I asked him curiously.

“You are going to meet my father for the first time, he has been wanting to meet you since I mentioned your name” He told me with a grin.

“Does he know that I'm a vampire?”

“Of course not that is our secret!” He told me with the cheeky grin that I loved so much.

His house wasn't very big, in fact it was quite small but it looked very cozy and inviting.

When he opened the front door a man who looked to be in his early fifties came walking towards us.

“There you are Jack! I’ve been calling you for hours why didn't you answer?” His father stopped talking when he saw me.

“You must be Willow! Jack never stops talking about you. It’s great to meet you and welcome to the family.” He told me while he hugged me.

“Nice to meet you Mr.Flynn.”

“Please call me John.” He told me with a smile.

John had short brown hair that was starting to gray and the same warm brown eyes as Jack’s.

We were in the kitchen talking to each other and laughing when I received a text.

Darling can you come home now? There is someone we would like you to meet. Amy texted me.

I typed a message back quickly. Ok, can Jack come too?

Sure, see you soon. Was the reply.

“I am really sorry but I have to go home my mum  just texted me.” I told John apologetically.

“Don't worry Will, I’m sure I’ll see you again, it was nice to meet you and you are welcome here whenever you want.” He told me.

“Thank you so much, see you later!”  I told him while I started to make my way out of the house with Jack.

We were in the car when I told Jack about the text message.

“So I am going to meet the two adult vampires that are your parents, this should be interesting.” He told me playfully.

“Oh, c'mon they’re really nice they won't hurt you I promise.”

“Okay then. I am going to count on you. Do you know who you are going to meet?” Jack asked me.

“I have no idea.” I told him.

I didn’t tell Jack but I had a feeling that this wasn’t going to be good.

We arrived at the mansion shortly after and Jack was clearly mesmerized by it's beauty, I wasn’t sure why, he had seen it before.

“Wow, your house is beautiful. I wish I live in a house like this.” He exclaimed.

“You can come live with me if you like.” I said lightly.

“I can assure you that someday that will happen.” He told me before he gave me a peck on the lips.

When I opened the front door there were three vampires waiting for us in the big hallway. Amy, Dane, and Cole.

When Jack saw Cole he tensed beside me and wrapped his arm securely around my waist.

“Hello there Willow. We meet again!” Cole told me while he smirked at us.

When he spoke I felt my knees go weak, he had such a beautiful musical voice I never wanted to stop hearing it.

I could feel Jack's gaze on me and I could tell that he knew what was going through my mind.

Cole was going to try to imprint with me and I was really scared...