Chapter 23 : The note

The next day we woke up and got ready to go to school,when we entered the cafeteria our friends except Jade told me how beautiful I looked and if I had been to some kind of makeover.

The bell rang shortly after so i had to go to French with Cole.When I sat down next to him he looked at me up and down.

''I see you have gone through the change''he told me with a smirk.

''Yes this weekend''

''Happy belated birthday and you look gorgeous''

''Thanks''

I still hadn't figured out why he was being so nice and normal to me.

''So I guess that you have imprinted with that little human boyfriend of yours''he told me.

''Yes and his name is Jack''

At that moment Ms.Clark entered the classroom and started the lesson.

While we were doing some classwork Cole gave me a crumpled piece of paper that had something written on it.

Willow,meet me today at lunch in the small garden.xx

I looked at him with a clueless expression but he just smiled at me.

After the bell rang as usual Jack came to walk me to Drama class as we were about to enter the class I gave Jack the note that Cole had gave me.

''Please don't tell me that you agreed on meeting him''he told me in a serious voice.

''I didn't tell him anything but I need to meet him,remember that he told me he will hurt you if I don't do what he says?I can't let that happen!''

''I do remember Will but you can't go I have a very  bad feeling about this''

We entered the classroom and took our usual seats at the back of the classroom Cole winked at me.That day we acted out a scene from Shakespear's Three Caskets.

When the bell rang Cole came next to where I was sitting.

''Let's go Will I need to talk to you about something''Cole told me while he gave Jack a death glare.

''She's not coming with you''Jack told him angrily.

''Well,she has to I need to talk to her about some vampire stuff''

Jack looked at me and I nodded slowly at him.

''Well ok then but if you dare to even lay a finger on her you will regret it''Jack told him before he hugged me and whispered in my ear to be careful.

I headed out of the classroom with Cole, he tried to hold my hand but I always pulled it away.I could sense anger and fear, the emotions that Jack was felling through our imprint.

When me and Cole arrived in the small garden we sat down on an old stone bench that faced the parking lot.

''I don't know if your parents have told you this but when you are nineteen years old you will become our new queen,so from now on you have to start practising.Since my parents are the current king and queen you will come for some practising and lessons at our house''he told me.

I did know that someday I was going to be the new queen but nobody had told me that Cole's parents where the current king and queen.Did that make him a prince?

''Friday at 8pm we have an important meeting at our house about something important that will happen soon so tell your parents about that,and don't bring you human boyfriend with you cause he will end up as a small snack.Not that I will regret it''he told me while he smiled in an unpleasant way.

When he told me that I flinched.

''Ok thanks for your information and I'll tell my parents about the meeting''I told him while I started to get up from the bench.

''Wait''he told me as he grabbed my hand.

As I turned around to face him his lips crashed onto mine and he was kissing me.It was different than how Jack kissed me because Cole's kiss was full of only lust.I tried to push him away but he held me tight to him so I couldn't move.When he finally stopped kissing me I looked to my right and there was Jack staring at us wide eyed with an angry yet betrayed expression on his face.

When I looked back at Cole he was grinning,it seemed like he had planned all of this.

''Did you know that your little imprint is now broken and by the way you're a very good kisser,I want to do that again''Cole told me while he wrapped his arms around me.

I hadn't stopped looking at Jack because he seemed angrier than I had ever seen him before and I didn't know if he was angry at me or at Cole.

''I was so stupid when I thought that you actually loved me we are done don't bother calling or talking to me anymore!''Jack yelled at me before he turned his back towards us and made his way towards the car.

His words had stabbed me in the heart like a million sharp knives.

''No Jack you don't understand I really love you!''I yelled at him as I was trying to run after him,but Cole held me tightly and I couldn't follow him.

I felt tears streaming down my face I had lost the person that I loved and cared for most because of one mistake of coming here with Cole.

''Shh don't cry he clearly didn't love you but I will love you as much as I can and I will give you everything that he didn't''Cole told me while he tried to kiss me again,but at that instant I got out of his tight grip and ran towards Jack,but it was too late he had already left.

I sat on the cold cement of the road crying my heart out when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder I looked up and saw that it was Violet.

''Honey what happened to you?Where's Jack?''she asked me.

She took me to the cafeteria where all my friends were and I told them everything that had happened- except the vampire meeting they didn't know what I was and I didn't plan on telling them.

They all seemed sorry for what had happened and they even tried calling him but he didn't pick up.Jade looked very satisfied and didn't say anything the whole time.

She looked like she was planning something...