F o u r

CHAPTER fifty-one| THE BROTHER

Bastille~ world gone mad❝So this is where we are, it's not where we wanted to be

❝So this is where we are, it's not where we wanted to be.❞

➳➳

IT'S FUNNY what different people see when they look at a person. Some see the looks, what makes a person different to these people is the size of their nose or how high their cheekbones are. They like to pay attention to the way everybody's hair falls, or how somebody's eyes change when the sun hits them right in the perfect spot- to them a new identity would be as easy as putting on a wig and some new kind of clothes. These kind of people weren't everyone, but Remy new enough of them for it to irritate him every time he walked along the corridors of Thirteen.

You see, he was not the kind of man that looked at appearance at all when he met somebody for the first time. He tried to always look deeper, to see things that perhaps nobody had ever seen before when they met somebody new because that kept him one step ahead- that was what made him sure that he hung around a group of people that he knew were going to be good to him.

Unfortunately, Remy didn't think that Lorna had that same characteristic.

When he looked at Finnick he didn't see his undoubtedly chiseled jawline or his perfectly messy hair that others would keep their eye on, he did not watch as his muscles tensed in his shirt or when he bit his lip when he was deep within his own mind. Those were merely appearances. He saw the murderer underneath, he saw how easy it would be for Finnick to kill anyone that he met in the District at first glance and Remy thought that was something that Lorna had crucially missed. Sure, he tied his rope to keep is sanity, that much was true, but Remy knew deep down that the only reason that Finnick was so worried about his sister was not love. He saw behind those eyes, he saw that all Finnick wanted was somebody close enough to reach for when times got tough. That was what Lillian was to him, just something that he could leave behind to take the fall when he really needed someone to.

As much as he hated it Finnick had caught Lorna in some kind of black magic that kept her tethered to him, so all Remy could do to try and keep his sister away from getting hurt was to push Finnick away himself. He had to, especially before Finnick went to see Lorna in the hospital after her seizure. Who was to say that it wasn't Finnick that planted that instinct in her?

Remy made sure to wait outside the hospital room for Finnick to arrive. He could of gone in to see lorna but that would of meant that the man from Four would of come in too, so instead he waited outside for someone to tell him that she was perfectly awake. Well he was, until a woman in a rush hit right into him.

Her long dark brown hair was pin straight as it flew out behind her, she had been giggling before Remy made her hit her shoulder into a wall. Then she stopped, the laughter turned into a small wince as her brown hair, the only part of her noticeable, bounced so that it sat straight down from her head. Then she turned, and Remy internally groaned at who was standing in front of him. It was another guard, and if she was anything like Gale then he was not interesting in chatting to her.