F i v e

CHAPTER fifty-two| THE DOCTOR'S PLAN

Miley Cyrus~ nothing breaks like a heart❝This world can hurt you, it cuts you deep and leaves a scar

❝This world can hurt you, it cuts you deep and leaves a scar.❞

➳➳

KATNISS HAD BEEN taken by Coin somewhere that I didn't know, it was one of the many things that I had missed in my sleeping state. It didn't matter, I knew that it was nowhere that I wanted to be while my heart burned for something that came close to the feeling that I got in my old house, by the square of District 5 or in my own bed. A bed that I hated when it was given to me because it was too much, a bed that I had come to realise was not a curse but a perk from all of the torment that I had suffered since. I assumed that it was broken in the bombings.

Yes, everything in Five was destroyed, and yet I never felt like my home was crushed more than when I was left in my hospital bed to watch as Finnick walked away. He had left me to think, and that was the most dangerous thing that he could of done in the whole world in a time like that one. Unfortunately,I finally had a real use for the woman that was assigned to me, even when Dr. Granger hadn't seemed to think that I was ready to admit that yet. That was all that I thought about as she sat on the side of my itchy bedsheets and turned her notebook to a page that was not as creased as it was before, while still being indented from her quick writing that she had done before. I caught a glimpse of some kind of doodle on the top of the page before; it was gone before I could try to see what she had drawn.

"I'm happy you wanted to talk to me Lorna, I have a few further questions for you." The Dr. asked as she uncapped the lid to her pen. Her hair was let out of it's usual bun and her normal black shirt was replaced with a more vibrant blouse that was unusually yellow; it was bright enough to distract me momentarily from another concept that had been circling around me.

"What did you feel when Peeta said the trigger? Was it painful, or just dizzy?"

It wasn't what I wanted to talk about, but I did see some kind of panic within the woman in front of me who was beginning to grip the leather back of her notebook. She looked like she didn't know what she was doing as she watched me fumble my way into an answer, but that was to be expected, I was a special case that she wouldn't of been expecting.

"It felt like somebody had ran a train into my brain. Not physically, it didn't hurt, it was as if everything inside of me was jolted by it. Then I fell and it did hurt, but it also felt like I wasn't me anymore." I tried to explain the best I could. It wasn't great, I knew that, but this time I noticed that she wrote a question mark on another line.

Dr. Granger seemed to think over my answer as I itched to blurt out what it was I had to say. My toes twitched as I thought about moving out of my bed and out of the door to feel more free, and then they twitched again as I thought about just spilling my guts in front of a doctor that might -finally- let me understand myself.