F o u r t e e n

CHAPTER sixty-one| THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT

Bring me the horizon~ throne❝Every wound will shape me, every scar will build my throne

❝Every wound will shape me, every scar will build my throne.❞

➳➳

FINNICK KEPT HIS hand on mine for the whole plane ride to the Capitol. There was turbulence, and the lights around the main cargo hold kept flashing like they were about to go out forever, but neither of the us cared as we slowly got taken towards what I assumed would either be the death of Snow, or my own. It made me hold his hand that much tighter for as long as I could as we flew, but there was no way we could be joined together forever, and that was what caused me to feel terribly out of touch with the person that I loved.

Neither Finnick or I had really been talking about it, but the thought of us being separated by anything other than duty was ripe in the air like the lowest hanging fruit on a plant; I didn't want to think about those kind of things for the hours that we would wait to be dropped off somewhere safe, so instead I insisted on watching my therapist as she accompanied the two of us to the place that she was born.

All the while Dr. Granger scribbled notes in a page, and I watched her hands fumble with the ideas she was trying to place on the old paper.

Of course, it was important that I had told my husband about what I thought about Dr. Granger, but that didn't mean that he truly believed me. I knew that he wanted to support my mind in anyway, but I saw the doubt in his face as I began to get up from my seat beside him. I appreciated his love, but the itch in my mind that kept pulling me towards the girl had grown too strong too ignore when she was right there.

It was too tempting, and I was not sound of mind enough to let the voice in my head warning me go.

"Hey." I commented as I sat down next to the doctor that suddenly hid the notes she was writing. It wasn't particularly obvious, instead she kisy gently angled the paper away from me so she could watch me stare at her like she had already done something wrong.

"Miss Titan- sorry Mrs Odair- what can I do for you?" The doctor didn't look flustered as she wriggled under my calculating glare, but it began to show when she fumbled the paper away again- so far that it was almost too far away to read when it was directed towards me.

"It isn't so much what you can do." I began as a strand of my blonde hair struggled from behind my ear where it had been perfectly placed. "It's what you can tell me. Dr. Granger, have you been able to find the reason for, whatever happened to me before. It's been so long, and I want to know what's wrong before I jump back into a war."

It was a good enough excuse, and it was rather believable as visions of me concluding on the ground during gun fire and screaming suddenly seemed only just out of reach, but Dr. Granger managed to see through it. She saw that I hadn't let her out of my sight- I barely blinked- and it made her clear her throat to feel a little less uncomfortable.