E l e v e n

CHAPTER fifty-eight|BOYS AND GIRLS

Troye sivan and Luav~ I'm so tired❝I'm so tired of love songs, tired of love songs, tired of love songs, tired of love

❝I'm so tired of love songs, tired of love songs, tired of love songs, tired of love. I just wanna go home❞

➳➳

HAVE YOU EVER felt so angry about someone else's happiness that it radically changed your mood?

Remy didn't quite understand it all, or the hatrid that swelled within him when he saw how happy Finnick and Lorna were together after she had made her great speech, but it wasn't because of his feeling about Finnick. In truth, he had somehow found a balance within himself to be able to appreciate the smile that Finnick gave his sister, but that meant that he was angry about something else entirely. That was what frustrated him as he walked with Gale back through the compound he had been staying in; something unexplainable made him so mad at them.

Infact, he couldn't deny the fact that when he first met Finnick he was more than happy to be his friend. He wanted to be a good friend for the Victor, and an even better one for the man he was currently walking with,  but then he suddenly felt a strange heat in his heart for them both that made his fingers curl and his heart speed up for some utterly confusing reason.

His hatrid for them both was constant, and it poisoned the only thing he truly loved.

"Hey, your sister did a good job back there." Gale spoke up as the two of them turned another corner. A part of Gale was panicked because Remy had been silent for too long after they had talked for hours about what he had said to his sister, but the boy didn't know what to really say. He had never had many guy friends, and like Remy, he wanted to keep this new friendship as whole as possible.

Remy didn't ever think that he would be the kind of person to get so full up of hatrid that it spilled out of him and onto an unsuspecting stranger, and yet Gale was the perfect target for him. The man from 12 listened- and commented only when he had something truly insightful to say- which seemed to be better at creating bonds than anything else Remy had tried.

"Yeah." Remy muttered as he placed his hands in his pockets. Another lapse of silence took over as the two both tried to think of something worth while to say, because they wanted to talk to each other, but neither of them knew quite how.

The lull was not too constant, but it was enough for a seed of awkwardness to overcome the pair.

"Sorry." Gale finally tried again after a short moment of doubt. "Your sister isn't exactly the best thing to bring up- I know it's hard to watch her after so long- but I don't think silence is good either."

"Yeah." Remy replied yet again, just as footsteps could be heard from down another hall.

Just like before, it was Mercy that came running down the corridor with a bottle in her hand and a stagger in her step, as if she was almost high off of her own drunkenness and pure happiness. It was so stark against the awkward but caring aura that surrounded the boys that it broke Remy free from his silence, so much so that he even perked up at the sight of her. Gale seemed to notice that, and it made him look away.

"Hey, zombie! Your sister is badass you know, almost as pretty as you when you're not trying to pout so that your lips look bigger than your pinky." The loud and giggly girl echoed her thoughts down the path as she kept getting closer, until she tried and failed to put her arm around his shoulder.

Gale couldn't help but glance away as the beautiful girl that he worked with noticed that he was there; partly due to the horrid smell of alcohol that drifted from her lips, but mostly because of the irritating reminder of her position on her badge.

"-and I guess Hawthorne is here too."

Remy saw the tense feeling that ran through Mercy's shoulders as she looked at the taller man, but it seemed to be masked by the drunken giggle that managed to run through her like a wave of joyous energy. Her eyes lit up when she saw Remy smile from confusion, but it fell again when Gale snorted as she stumbled against the wall.

"You never came to see me you know, I had a bottle waiting for you."

"I didn't have a lot of time on my hands between my badass sister and the rebellion." Remy muttered to the smaller girl as he glanced to Gale again.

Suddenly he felt worse than he did before as he thought about all of the things he explained to the boy beside him. Gale looked down at Mercy with a harshness in his eyes that he had never had with Remy, even in the three days they had become friends, and that temperament surprised the former Peacekeeper into silence. He might of been too quick to judge the boy, and he could see that now.

"We could go now." Mercy suggested as she began to jump gently on the spot. Remy noticed that he had never seen her stand tall, but then again, he had never seen her without some kind of bottle with her.

He looked at Gale again, who seemed to be already preparing himself for a quick exit from whatever Remy was going to ask him next. Mercy seemed to see that too, because she smirked up at the man as if she had won some silent argument between them.

"And Gale probably has something to do. Maybe if he's lucky, his owner will finally let him speak for more than five seconds- Katniss can do that, right?" Mercy then tilted her head to look at Remy again, just as Gale grimaces at the girl.

"Yeah, I guess I'll have to go ask her." Gale commented as he began to walk away, without a second glance towards the Titan that he would be leaving behind.

It left Remy with the girl he had been curious about, a girl that for once would not see him as the brother to a rebellion, or a sacrifice for someone who had never really got over it. That was why he did agree to a drink, because he didn't have to talk for the noise between them to be filled. Instead, he just had to listen and take a sip.

••••••••••
1114 words.

So this is a chapter that I am releasing for 90k on my SPARKS book, as it just made me smile so much! The hiatus is still in force, but I couldn't leave you guys hanging for so long without a little bit of Titan, so here is a small chapter for you all. And especially
123Potterhead321 who read the whole series in around a day. Impressive.

This small chapter is important, so make sure you remember it for the Lornick wedding ;)