T w e l v e

CHAPTER fifty-nine|PEACE

Twenty one pilots Elvis cover~ can't help falling in love with you❝Take my hand, take my whole life too, 'cause I can't help falling in love with you❞

❝Take my hand, take my whole life too, 'cause I can't help falling in love with you❞

➳➳

I WAS NOT the kind of person that believed in love at first sight. In a world like ours, I never thought that there would ever be enough beauty in a single person to make me fall so deeply in love with them that I knew in that moment, that first second that I had ever seen their face, that was the person I was going to love forever. It sounded like a fairytale, and it sounded like something that would always be so out of reach that I couldn't even see it in the stars above me.

I didn't believe in it, and I didn't believe that I would ever feel it- and in a way I was right.

When I first saw Finnick Odair on the roof I didn't fall madly in love with him. I didn't suddenly stop crying or feeling upset because his hand was gently placed on the back of mine, and there was no part of me that erupted into butterflies. When I first saw him I felt nothing but relief that the pain was over, and then as he met me again I felt nothing but a sense of gratitude to the stranger that saved my life.

It wasn't really until I was about to leave that I realised just how beautiful he was.

What did happen however was arguably more perfect than love at first sight, because what happened between us was the most chaotic and imperfectly perfect love story that I had ever heard. We fell slowly, like we were still being held up by a rope made of our own doubts and sadness, but we fell all the same; I still ended up falling so madly in love with him that it was the only thing that could bring me back from almost death. It didn't happen over night, or in a heartbeat, it happened between lives and circumstances that made our love more real. It made us real and it made the feeling of euphoria more real than any feeling of doubt or regret.

Love at first sight was for superficial love, love that would not grow and change with the seasons and as lives pasr, but our love would mold into anything. Our love was a deep liking that blossomed into a forest of trees that could never be cut down, and it was simple enough to never get old.

It was the white dress that I wore as I walked down the aisle towards Finnick, and it was the smiles on our faces as I took every step alone. I had wanted Remy to take me, but he wasn't anywhere to be found when I went to ask.

Still, even in Thirteen they managed to hang flowers from the walls and put candles in enough places for it to feel like actual sunlight. As I walked, I could see Katniss and Prim watching with gentle smiles on their faces, and Johanna watching Finnick with enough pride to fill up the whole room by itself. I could see the faces of the rebellion finally smile, and the people that had lost everything find a little bit of normality if not for only a second.