T e n

CHAPTER fifty-seven|A TRAITOR OR INSANE

Jonas Brothers~ sucker❝You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside your brain

❝You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside your brain.❞

➳➳

IT WAS TRUE, that I had never had a Doctor look at me the way that Dr. Granger insisted that she looked at me before. I have never had someone look so closely that I felt like I was being shunned away from movement itself, and I had never seen someone look so confused and yet completely in control when they were trying to do their job. On some days, it was like she wasn't even sure what she was supposed to do, and on others she seemed to scrape by without so much as a wrongly placed word. Either way, as my sessions went on I began to grow suspicious of her.

To begin with, it was when she had dropped her notebook on the floor half way through a meeting; there was nothing on the page but scribbles and music notes that she had been pretending were notes on my behaviour. Then, it was when she tried to understand what it was that gave me such a bad seizure, and she looked so out of her depth that I feared she couldn't even swim. The third, and only other time when I felt like she was dropping her guard was when she found out that I was getting married- I told her when Finnick was sure that he could help plan it in a couple of days.

It wasn't that she wasn't pleased, it was that she had been too happy to help.

I left her office with her happiness bubbling in my brain, her jubilant voice was so excited as she told me she could play her own instrument at the wedding that it almost bounced around my head.

I play the clarinet! I used to play it in the Capitol Orchestra when I was still there. They loved it- until I had to leave.

There was a reason why I didn't want to know where she was from, but once I knew that she was from the Capitol it seemed to make my head start spinning impossibly fast. It was like there was no way to stop the doubt, and I couldn't even ask her what was wrong before I was taken somewhere else completely.
Of course, that was exactly when I was forced out of her room and towards one that I had been dreading so much more. It seemed like in the many weeks that I had been in her care, Coin had managed to keep her distance from me and whatever it was that she wanted to do, but that could never last forever. I had reached the end of my time away, and she finally felt like it was time to bring me back to the real world.

Her office was filled with her, Plutarch and Gale when I was brought to her by armed guards like some prisoner, but she was the only one that didn't send a smile my way when I entered. The other two did, Gale even placed his large hand on my shoulder when I passed him as a way to greet me; right before he left the room with a promise that he would see me soon. That left me with two, both of which I had not been friendly with.

"Miss Titan, please take a seat" Coin acknowledged as she brushed a strand of her hair away from her eyes. I complied with little effort as I glanced between the two- I didn't feel right anymore. None of it did.