Chapter 1: The Dream

Thank you for clicking on this story and I hope you enjoy it. If you don't like it, please don't send hate. I am using my phone to type this, so excuse any typos. If this gets at least twenty views, I will upload the next chapter, otherwise I will delete it.

Updated: 22nd February, 2019
______________________________

Minerva McGonagall sat at her desk, correcting students essays, while occasionally shooting glances at the unfortunate Hufflepuff 4th year serving his detention by cleaning Professor's Snape's spare cauldrons. After putting the final mark for one of the essays, she glanced up towards the clock. It had been two hours since his detention started. She puts down her stack of essays.

"You may go now, Mr Moore. I don't want you to have to serve detention again. You must learn to hold your tongue with Professor Snape." she called out to him. She watched as he silently makes his way out the door. She starts to gather her stuff to make way back to her quarters.

It had been two years since the fall of the Dark Lord. Minerva had been devastated after hearing about the death of Lily and James Potter, as she was very fond of the two. She had only heard about young Harry Potter's settlement with his aunt and uncle, and was really against it. Whenever she would ask for the Dursley's address to check on Harry, Dumbledore would say the same thing, how he was being treated like a prince and there was no need to worry. After a couple of months, she had accepted this and felt that she was being paranoid.

She reached her quarters and dumped everything on her desk. It had been a long day especially with the Hufflepuff's detention. She continued to correct essays for another hour until she grew tired. She changed into her nightgown, removed her glasses and laid down in bed, resting her head on the pillow, getting ready for a nice rest.

But her dreams remained disturbed. She dreamt of horrific things happening to Harry. Although she had never seen the Dursleys, the fat face of Mr. Dursley and his horse-faced wife appeared vividly in her dreams. They were sitting around the table, fussing over 3 year old Dudley, while Harry was nowhere to be seen. "BOY, GET OVER HERE!" Mr. Dursley boomed as a frail Harry rushed into the room.

His clothes were about 4 sizes too big on him, and his legs were as thin as sticks. Lily's eyes that used to be full of life were filled with sorrow and fear and James smile and look of mischief was nowhere to be seen. His face was covered with dirt, and his arms were covered with burn marks and scars.

The sight of this abuse caused Minerva enough shock to wake up. She was no stranger to abused witches and wizards, and always was the one to comfort them but it always hurt her to see how Muggles were so anti-magic and full of hatred that they would cause such damage. Tears found their way to her eyes and within a few moments she was sobbing into her pillow.

"It was only a dream Minerva, Albus said that he was fine, calm down, calm down," she said aloud to herself. But a piece of herself was telling this was more than just a regular dream. That Harry was in danger. After around half an hour, Minerva McGonagall cried herself to sleep.

**Page Break**

After McGonagall fell asleep her dreams were thankfully peaceful. She awoke feeling pretty refreshed and ready to teach her classes. But she hadn't forgotten her dream last night, and made a mental note to ask Dumbledore about Harry Potter again. She put on her best robes and made her way to the Great Hall.

She reached the Hall and sat down next to the Headmaster, who already started eating. She made eye contact with a few students and smiled at them, who also smiled. She gather all her courage and turned towards Dumbledore. Although Dumbledore was normally a calm man, she had been with him longer than anyone else in the Hall and knew how angry he could get if even slightly ticked off.

"Good morning, Albus. How are you this morning?" she asked, trying to start a conversation. "Ah Minerva, my morning is going well, what question do you have today?" Albus responded, his eyes gleaming in the light. She was shocked, but hid it well. How did he know?

"How did you know?" she couldn't help saying. He chuckled, " I've known you for a long time." he responded, not quite answering the question. "Well......" she started, "about Harry Potter I was wonderi-" she saw his smile disappear as he interrupted her saying, "There is no need to ask, I saw Mr. Potter a month ago, he is in perfect health, I assure you." Minerva decided to not talk about last night's dream. She felt slightly assured, and that it was only just a dream.

"It is time to get to class, I will see you later." Albus stated, his eyes never meeting hers. She watched as all the students made their way to class, and made her way to her classroom. How stupid she was, obviously he would check on Harry, he is the Boy-Who-Lived! He would never allow him to be hurt in any way.

She entered the classroom and assumed her Animagus form. Today she was teaching the 3rd years about Animagi, and loved to watch them become amazed with her transformation. Besides, it was also amusing to see their faces after they run late and assumed she was also late. She sat and waited, watching everyone file into the room, engaged in their chatter.

**Page Break**

She sat down after the last class left the room. Her day was going well, everyone was amazed with her transformation and no one got any detentions, at least not with or from her. She made her way to her quarters to relax for a few hours until dinner started.

She paced across the staff corridor, every step echoing across the empty hall. She was very close to her dorms, when she felt a strong grip on her wrist, causing her to turn around and meet the serious face of Severus Snape.

Like many students and few staff, she didn't like him. He was rude and unfair, especially to Gryffindors and he also gave out too many detentions for anyone's liking. She never understood why Dumbledore hired him as a teacher, after all, he was a Death Eater. She had a small fear that he was spying on Dumbledore for Voldemort. So she was very afraid when he stopped her in an empty corridor.

" What do you want, Severus?" she said. His face hardened. "I couldn't help overhear your conversation with Dumbledore, and that you want young Mr. Potter's address. I know it, if you really need it." She did not trust him one bit. "What do you want from me, why are you telling me this?" she said. He let out a deep sigh and said, "He never visited the Dursley residency."

A large gasp escaped McGonagall's mouth. He NEVER visited Harry, who knows what's happening to the poor boy. She was about to say something, when Severus interrupted. "He lives in Number 4, Privet Drive. Have a good evening, and don't let Dumbledore know that I told you this piece of information." And with his cloak billowing behind him, Severus Snape left McGonagall alone with all of her thoughts.