Chapter 6: Harry's Settlement

Updated: 2nd March 2019
______________________________

Harry awoke early at sunrise and looked up at the aged woman. Her black hair was open, no longer in a bun, which made her look so much at peace. Mesmerized, he ran his hair through it. It felt so soft and smooth, and Harry fell in love with it immediately. He kept on stroking it until he pulled on a tangle, which caused Minerva to wake up.

"Morning, Harry." she said groggily and hugged him closer to her. She then took him in her arms and got him ready for the day and after she was done, let him play around for a few minutes and went to the bathroom while the house elves got breakfast.

Harry was getting bored already. She wasn't playing with him like she usually did. He got up and toddled around looking for her.

"Mimmie?" he called out. He was starting to get worried. What if she left him? What if she knew about his freakishness? What if-?

His thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang from behind him. A house elf was carrying the breakfast for Harry and Minerva. He shyly waved at it.

"Where Mimmie?" he asked the elf. Just at that moment, Minerva entered the living room. Harry ran towards her and wrapped his little arms around her legs. "I missed chu." he declared. Minerva let a small smile cross her lips.

"I was only gone for a minute." she muttered under her breath. "And thank you, Dillys." she called out to the elf as she disappeared. She sat Harry down on the couch and started to feed him.

"I get food again?" he asked mesmerized. He never got food so many days in a row at his uncle's house. He wasn't good enough, only good boys got food everyday. This question broke Minerva's heart.

"Of course, you get food everyday." she told him as she fed him the porridge. He smiled as the second spoon of porridge came his way. Soon, the bowl was empty and Harry's mouth was covered in porridge. She wiped his face with a tissue and picked him up to go to class.

This was the first time Minerva would go out in the castle grounds with Harry and she was a little nervous. Albus's mood would definitely worsen and the students might do something or say something to him.

As she walked to her class, she noticed the students whispering behind their backs. At least they weren't saying anything directly to their faces. She reached her classroom and prepared her things. She had a plan for how she was to teach her class. She was going to keep Harry in her office with some toys with the door slightly opened while she taught. It was perfect.

However, there was a problem. Harry wasn't ready to leave McGonagall alone. When she turned towards the door, he grasped her hand and refused to let go. No matter how hard she tried, he wasn't giving up.

Harry was scared. She was going away and leaving him alone. He clearly remembered his times being abandoned in his lonely cupboard. He didn't want a repeat of that and he didn't care if would get in trouble.

"DON'T LEAVE ME HERE! I GOOD! I GOOD!" he shrieked as Minerva tried to walk away for the hundredth time. She sighed and turned towards him. "Harry, I am not going to leave you forever, I am in the next room." she explained.

It still didn't calm him. "Can I come?" he asked timidly. "No, you can't. It is dangerous. If you need me, just call out my name." she reasoned. As she left the room, she turned around to see him, silently staring at her with a sad, pleading look. She held back the urge to run and hug him as she closed the door and started her class with her students who had already entered.

Halfway through her class, Albus Dumbledore entered the class and he was not pleased. "Minerva, may I have you for a minute." he said. Minerva was terrified, she had rarely seen Dumbledore like this.

"But Harr-" she stated but his stare was so terrifying she immediately shut up and went out to the corridor, shutting the door behind you.

"I was thinking about our conversation," he started, "and I think that I should not send Harry back to the Dursleys. " Minerva nearly let out a cheer. Thank god, he would have died if he went back. But this celebration did not last long.

"But there are few things we need to talk about. Number one, you threatened Muggles, which is against the Wizarding Law. The ministry is not happy and are threatening to send you to Azkaban. Number two, you took Harry although you are not his rightful guardian. If I am correct, he should go to a Muggle Home if the Durleys are not compatible for him. He should go there at least by day after tomorrow, it is best for him. I will schedule for his departure by tomorrow."

Minerva was shocked. Take Harry away? She felt her strength leave her and soon she knew no more.