Chapter 14: Amortentia

Published: 10th April 2019
________________________________
"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them." Severus Snape explained. He glanced at the class, everyone was clearly paying attention, some taking notes. He looked way at the back of the class, where four year old Harry Potter was sitting at a spare desk, colouring something. He would look up occasionally, but never said anything.

Minerva had asked him to watch over Harry again for a few, since she had to go to the Ministry with Albus for some work. He wished that he had just refused outright, as Harry was really a trouble maker. He had coloured all over the walls of his quarters with marker, resulting in timeout. She was coming back today, probably at night. He continued teaching.

"Amortentia doesn't create actual love; it's impossible to manufacture or imitate love. The person under the effect of the potion will only hold an obsession for the person who administered it. Now you will all get to observe it and brew it from the recipe on page 245." he droned. He watched as the students inhaled it and some even blushed. As he was watching them, he couldn't help wonder what Harry smelt. He let the fresh aroma of Honeysuckle overcome him.

After class, and some incidents, everyone dismissed the class. Harry finally left his colouring book and went to Snape.

"Is Minnie comin'?" he asked hopefully. He started to refer to her as Minnie ever since Albus called her that one day.

Severus shook his head for he didn't want him to be on edge, and Harry's shoulder's dropped. Severus felt bad, but knew that he couldn't do anything. He remembered the cauldron sitting on his desk and an idea crossed his head.

"Harry, come here." he ushered him to the cauldron where the potion was.

"Can you tell me something. Smell this and tell me what do you smell." he asked. He watched as he took a big sniff from the potion and his eyes stayed deep in thought.

"Ummm, I smell treacle tart." he declared, but he looked slightly unsure. "And.. Minnie?"

(Minerva's P.O.V)

Minerva was eager to see her son. She had missed him a lot during the conference with Albus. She paced through the dungeons to the potions classroom. Immediately as she arrived at the door, a flock of students stormed out of the room.

"Oh yeah, the bell." she thought and made her way through the door, but then she heard voices. She peeked her head in to see Harry near a cauldron. She wanted to shout out to Severus, he knew better than to let Harry near a potion, but then she saw the title "Amortentia" on the board and relaxed. She could tell what was going on and decided to watch more. She watched the look of concentration cross his face before he said "I smell treacle tart ....and Minnie."

She could feel a lump in her throat. She waited for moments like this after she took in Harry. For him to smell her scent in Amortentia, it was heart touching. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Harry whipped his head and saw her at the door.

"Minnie!" he exclaimed and ran in her direction, where she lifted him in her arms. Severus came to them.

"I see you've made a strong impression on him." he commented before dismissing himself to his office. She smiled and turned to Harry.

"What did you do with Severus, Harry?" she asked and left the classroom while Harry was babbling on.

"I hope he always loves me like this." she thought as she unconsciously stroked his unruly black hair.

______________________________
Sorry for the super short story. This idea was stuck in my head for so long. Take this update as an apology for updating chapter 12 so late.