Chapter 7: Harry

Updated: 4th March 2019
______________________________

Harry was playing all alone in Minerva's office with some of the toys he brought along with him. As he was in the middle of a play-war with two of his toys, he heard a distinctive thump.

He knew this thump. Last time he heard it, it resulted in the loss of his parents and now he was probably going to lose Mimmie. Uncle Vernon was right, he didn't deserve love, it would always be taken away from him. He started to panic, which increased when Albus Dumbedore entered the room.

Harry attempted to run past Dumbledore, but the wizard stopped him. Everything was in a blur, his main objective was to get away from this big, scary man and find Minerva. He broke down into a sob.

"Wan' my Mimmie. Wan' Mimmie!" he cried. Albus tried to grab him, but Harry ran to the other side of the office. "Harry, no need to be afraid, I will take you to see Mimmie if that will keep you quiet." Albus promised. He finally got a grip on a sobbing Harry and carried him to the hospital wing.

As Albus neared the infirmary, Harry's sobs started to decrease as he observed his beard. It wasn't as nice as Minerva's hair in his opinion. He was so engrossed with Albus's beard that he barely noticed that they had entered the hospital wing and were standing in front of Minerva's bed.

As soon as he did notice, he wiggled out of the headmaster's arms and climbed on the bed. He poked her with his finger repeatedly until Madam Pomfrey pulled his hand away.

"Wake?" he asked, pointing at her. "No, Harry, she needs to rest." Madam Pomfrey responded. Harry's shoulders drooped as she took him off the bed. Dumbledore took the boy's hand and they made their way to the Headmaster's office.

**Page Break**

Minerva woke up feeling stiff and uncomfortable. When she properly opened her eyes, she realised she was in the hospital wing. The events from her class played in her mind and she remembered Harry.

"Harry, he's waiting for me." she muttered aloud. She got up and was about to leave when Madam Pomfrey came and made her lay back.

"He must be scared. What time is it?" she pestered the nurse. "Let me go." Madam Pomfrey finished her examination and turned her head towards her.

"Harry's fine. Albus is with him." she reasoned. But Minerva ran out of the infirmary and towards the office. Harry had a bad experience with him, he must be so scared. And what if Dumbledore was giving him away as she was running. She increased her pace as she past the griffin.

Before she could open the door, she could hear a small cry. "Mimmie." came a small forlorn voice, obviously Harry's. This made her feel so bad for leaving him alone in her office and she burst into the room.

Harry's mood changed faster than one could say "Quidditch." He toddled to her and hugged her. She took him in her arms, and he rested his head on her shoulder. A few seconds, Albus entered the room.

"Thank god, you're here, he hasn't stopped crying and calling for you since we came here." he commented. She gave him one last look before leaving the room.

When they arrived in her quarters, the sun was already starting to set. She let Harry down, who ran to her room. A few moments later, he came back with a few toys. He pulled at the hem of her robes and give her the toys.

"Play?" he asked, giving her puppy eyes. She gave in and they both sat on the floor and started to play. But Minerva could not concentrate on their game. She was so worried about the Ministry. Would she go to Azkaban for performing magic in front of muggles? And what about Harry? How would he cope?

Harry could sense that Minerva was sad, she wasn't playing properly like she used to. But why? Was the big man bad to her? He remembered how when Dudley used to be sad, Auntie used to hug and kiss him so much and Dudley would be happy again. Maybe it would work. He put down his toy, climbed on her lap and gave her cheek a nice, big kiss. Then, he wrapped his arms around her and said, "Why you sad?"

Minerva was a bit surprised. She didn't expect this from Harry. She hugged the boy back and let the held back tears flow freely down her cheeks. Harry clumsily tried to wipe away her tears with his sleeve, tears also starting to form in his eyes. They both sat together, crying for their uncertain future.