Chapter 23: Tea with Hagrid

Published: 9th September, 2019

Harry rushed over to the large hut where Hagrid lived. He knocked on it twice, before the door swung open. He was eager to tell Minerva and Hagrid everything about the week. 

"Hullo, Harry. Come in," Hagrid said and walked inside.

Harry saw that Minerva was already sitting inside the hut, sipping a cup of tea. She looked up at him and gave him a warm, friendly smile as she put her cup of tea down.

"Hello Harry, how was your week?" she asked.

"Before we get to that," Harry said, glaring at Minerva accusingly, "you didn't tell me you were an Animagus."

Minerva laughed. "Of course I wouldn't tell you. It was fun, seeing you so shocked. If I told you, you would tell the other first years, and my fun would be spoilt,"

The topic about the week was lost as Minerva continued to tell Harry about what he would do when he was younger.

"I remember you took me into my room and stole my hair accessories. You adorned me in necklaces and hair ties, not before brushing my fur messily. I looked like a mess!" Minerva laughed. Harry and Hagrid laughed along.

"Forget all that now, it was the past. How was your week, Harry." Minerva said.

Harry told Minerva and Hagrid all about the week. How he would gaze the stars on Wednesday in Astronomy, how he examined the plants in Professor Sprout's class. And how boring Professor Binns is.

"-he just goes on and on without looking up or caring. Half of my class was asleep, except Hermione Granger, who kept taking notes. Her hand goes up faster than a Quidditch seeker who saw the Snitch!"

"Well Harry, I think she would be a great influence then. She could help you score well in your subjects. You tend to make friends with all the troublemakers and all the Weasleys." Minerva tutted.

Minerva had seen Hermione's potential in her class, when she, along with Harry, were the only ones who managed to make a difference in the matchstick they were transfiguring into a needle. Since Harry had been with her for a long time, he learned a couple of tricks from her. But Miss Granger seemed extraordinarily clever.

"I was talking to Professor Snape," Minerva started. Harry froze. He was in deep shit now. It was honestly very funny in class, but he didn't think Minerva would see it in the same way.

"And he said that you disrespected him in his first class!" She scolded. "He said that when he asked you where to find a bezoar, you said in his storage cupboard!" 

Hagrid snorted in his tea. Minerva shot a glare at him and he stopped laughing. 

"He was asking me about things I didn't know!" Harry argued, "all about powdered root of stuff and wormwood. How was I expected to know it. Besides, my answer wasn't wrong." 

"He is a real git," Harry mumbled.

"Harry! Don't call Professor Snape a 'git'. If what you said is true, I will go talk to him. I doubt he was trying to denote you, he has known you for so long," Minerva scolded.

And the rest of the tea was sipped in silence.

____________________________________ 

Hey everyone. Since the time I released the last chapter, the number of reads, votes and comments seemed to increase tremendously. Thank you all SOOOOOO much for your support and I hope the numbers continue to increase ;)

And sorry for the short chapter, I had writer's block. But I have a great idea for the next chapter.