Chapter 9: Ignorance

Updated: 18th March, 2019
______________________________

Harry's proclaimed love didn't last long. In the following days, Harry didn't talk to Minerva at all. When she would enter the room he was in, he would either leave or sometimes sit in the opposite side of the room. Since Minerva couldn't take anymore leaves, she had to teach class which was fine with Harry because it meant she would be away from him longer.

Even when Severus came over, Harry sat down with him and avoided eye contact with her, playing with his robes. This seemed to surprise him, because according to the short conversations he had with Poppy when he would collect the list of potions to brew or give in brewed potions, Harry was stuck to Minerva like super glue. And Harry didn't know Severus enough to act like this.

"Is he alright?" he asked after some time, out of curiosity. "He has avoiding me for some time." she sighed, "I wonder why." They continued their conversation until late, by then Harry fell asleep on the floor, wrapped in the hem of Snape's robes. Minerva laid him on their bed and went to say goodbye to Snape.

After she closed the door, she slumped against the door and wept for all she was worth, unknowing to Snape standing outside the door, listening intently.

Now it was the weekend, and Harry was determined to keep ignoring her, even if it meant he had to for the rest of his life. He was now on the floor playing with all of his toys, and Minerva was secretly watching him from a crack in the door. How she did miss his warm smile and his loving nature. She wished she could get him to at least talk to him.

She walked away from the door and sat on the couch. She decided to do the one thing she loved to do when she was stressed, turn into her Animagus. She sat under the couch and lost herself in her thoughts.

Few minutes later, Harry came out of the room. He wanted to get one of his toy cars, which rolled under the very couch Minerva was under. He bent over and nearly fell over with shock after seeing her feline eyes.

"Kitty?" he called out. He remembered the cat that used to sit on the porch back in Privet Drive. It was a nice, ginger cat and sometimes Dudley would step on its tail for fun. He always want a cat for his own. Minerva realised she could now come near him now and cuddle with him. She came out of the crevice and wrapped herself around his leg. He picked her up and went back to his room.

He set her down in front of him and sat down. He started to play with his toys, but Minerva crawled up to his lap and settled down. He picked her up and nuzzled his head into her soft fur.

"You smell like Mimmie. I like Mimmie." he muttered to her. Her head perked up. He saw this and continued to speak.

"I love Mimmie, but Mimmie doesn't love me." he said, dejectedly. She was confused, why didn't he think she loved him. She meowed loudly, like she was telling him to continue. "Mimmie want to gimme 'way. Uncle Ve'non says that I'm a fweak, tha's why she doesn' love me. So I go away so tha' I don' distu'b her."

She nearly cried. He thought she wanted to give him on her own accord. He talked to her for a full hour before he finally let her go. Minerva went to the kitchen and transformed back into her normal self. She started on a plan to gain Harry's love back.

**Page Break**

It was now late night, and it was time for the young boy to go to sleep. Minerva was desperate, she tried everything to get his attention. She tried sitting with him, but he just walked away. She also tried to straight away talk to him, but he just turned away. She wanted to scold him for such behaviour, but that would just make the situation worse.

She now sat on her bed, her arms around one of her pillows. She was correcting tests, but she just couldn't concentrate. Minerva never felt like this. Normally if a situation like this arise, she wouldn't fall at their feet begging for forgiveness. Her stress became too much for her and she burst into sobs.

Harry was sleepy, but he wanted a cup of milk, so he finally decided to ask Minerva. He walked into her sobs and felt so upset. Why was she crying? Was he being a big meanie? He ran on to the bed and wrapped his short arms around her.

"Sowwy." he breathed into her ear. She wasted no time in wrapping him in her arms.

"Harry, I am so sorry. I didn't want to give you away. I love you with all of my heart and I hope you forgive me." she cried. She hugged him for a while until a small voice came from her hug.

"Squish, Mimmie." he called out. She loosened her grip on him while carrying him around. "Milk, pwease." he asked. He missed her warm hug, and while he didn't want to let her go so she could prepare his milk, he was super thirsty.

After she settled him down with his cup of milk and his pyjamas on, they laid down on her bed to go to sleep. A while after she laid down, she felt something wet on her thumb. She turned around to see her thumb inside a sleeping Harry's small mouth. She pulled him closer to her and closed her eyes.

A few hours later, she was awoken by the crack of her house elf apparating in her room, letter in hand. She pried her finger out of Harry's mouth and took the letter. It had the official Ministry of Magic logo on the seal, which worried her. Hands trembling, she opened the letter and read the contents of the letter.

Dear Mrs McGonagall,

As you know, the Ministry had recieved intelligence that a Freezing Charm was used in front of Muggles at around fifteen minutes past two in the afternoon.

Because of the severity of the situation, we regret to inform you that the Ministry had decided for a hearing to take place at 10 a.m. on the twenty-sixth of October regarding the serious misconduct and the official settlement plan of Mr. Harry Potter.

Hope you are well,

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk

Improper Use of Magic Office Ministry of Magic

______________________________

Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed the story. Thank you all for your support, again. This story has reached #4 in mcgonagall because of all of you. I can't thank everyone enough.