Chapter 8: Going Home

Updated: 7th March 2019

Thank you all for your support for my story. I really appreciate it.
________________________________

The following day, Minerva spent the time she had after teaching getting ready for Harry's leave. She had packed all his toys and clothes, meaning that Harry had nothing to play with. He spent the whole day moping around her office, watching her arrange everything.

He was very upset with this. Why wasn't Mimmie giving him any attention? And every time she would feed him, she looked so sad and upset, as if she had been crying. He wanted to cheer her up, but he didn't know how to do so.

He finally decided that he would draw a picture of them with the new crayons he bought at the toy store back at Diagon Alley. But the only problem was that they were in the bag with the rest of his things. He got up and went over to Minerva.

Minerva was not only preparing everything, but she was also having multiple crying sessions in the bathroom. Although it had only been a few days, she loved Harry as if he were her son, and now he was going away. When she saw him coming, she sorted herself and bent below to his level.

"Mimmie-" he started. What was he doing? He was becoming spoilt, asking for things. Uncle Vernon always said he was a spoilt brat for asking anything. "Nothing." He mumbled and walked away.

She could tell he wanted his toys so badly. That sad look in his eyes said everything. She put her hand on his shoulder as he started to walk away.

"Do you want your toys? She asked. Harry was shocked, how was she so smart. He nodded his head and she lead him to the suitcase. He dug deep into the bag until he found his crayons and left to find some paper.

He was determined to make the best picture ever to cheer her up. Maybe she might hang it up somewhere. He sat down on the floor and began to draw.

After two hours, Harry was finally done with his picture and he shyly approached Minerva, who was checking some quizzes. He hesitated a bit before tapping her leg.

"Mimmie, look." he mumbled and held up the picture. A stray tear rolled down her cheek as she examined the picture. It was a picture of them standing in front of a messily drawn Hogwarts. It broke her heart knowing that he drew this for her and he will never remember her after going to the Home.

Harry took this in a wrong way. He thought that he upset her and he started to cry slightly. "Sowwy." he cried as he held the picture behind his back, "Didn't mean to make you 'set." He walked away towards the living room.

She put down her quill and ran after him, swooping him in her arms. "I'm not upset." she assures as she brings him to the couch. "I love your picture." They cuddle together in front of the burning fire for the rest of the day.

**Page Break**

It was time to go now. Dumbledore sent a house elf to inform them of the time. And now, with Harry in her arms and his bag in her other hand, Minerva made her way to the Headmaster's office.

Harry was confused. It was his bedtime and he was tired. He fell asleep in her arms with his arms around her neck and didn't stir until she said the password. This alerted him and he tightened his grip on her. They were both surprised to see the Minister of Magic with Dumbledore in his office.

"Evening, Minerva." Dumbledore greeted, as Minerva put the bag on the floor. Then, she tried to put Harry on the floor, but he wasn't letting go of her. He still didn't trust Dumbledore or this new scary man.

Meanwhile, Dumbledore was getting impatient with this and finally, he walked towards the two and pried Harry out of her grasp into his.

"Say goodbye to her, Harry." he said and walked towards the door. But now Harry understood what was happening. He had heard Uncle Vernon say this and he was gone for so long. Those were the best days of Harry's life and the worst for Dudley. He knew it, he was leaving.

He started to thrash around, kicking, screaming, everything. Minerva was near tears herself at this scene. He was starting to hyperventilate and did the first thing that came to his mind.

Harry bit him.

Albus let out a yelp and accidentally dropped Harry to the ground, causing him to land with a bump. But he was used to this and was undisturbed. He ran to Minerva and grabbed her leg tightly.

"No, no, no." he started to chant. She gave in to his pleas and picked him up and patted his back, trying to calm him down. Within a few minutes, he was slightly sniffling, his head buried in her shoulder.

During all of this, the Minister was watching quietly. After watching Minerva calm Harry down, he finally spoke up. "I don't think we should send him to a home. He will be mentally damaged. We can't have that happen to our Golden Boy." he stated. McGonagall was slightly pissed off by this. He was not only the "Golden Boy" he was a CHILD for Merlin's sake.

"You only care for him because he is the saviour of the wizarding world?" she hissed. "He doesn't deserve this publicity, he's only a boy." And with that, she grabbed his bag and left the room.

Harry was leaning his head on her shoulders, half asleep. She took him to her room, unpacked his nightgown in which she dressed him in, and laid him on her bed. As she was leaving, she heard him mumble the few words she wanted to hear ever since she took him in.

"Love you, Mimmie."