II

☆。*。☆。

☆。*。☆。

★。\|/。★

~Questions~

★。/|\。★

☆。*。☆。

"So what do you think?"

"about what?"

"Titans- I mean, the ones we brought back that is"

The group of friends looked at Armin, this was the second question he had asked today that didn't really seem that much like him. His eyes were still strained to the two giant beasts. And, of course, Hange was still standing beside them- putting a cloth over them and preparing to get them ready for more test.

"They're titans- simple as that"

Reiner answered Armin, seeing as no one else really knew how in that moment. His eyes were also on both of the titans- mostly because Armin had mentioned them and made somewhat of a deal about them. They book looked normal- and they were both acting the same right now so there was really nothing wrong with either of them.

"Yeah Armin, don't think too much of i-"

"But Eren it's doing the opposite!"

"The opposi-"

"YES THE OPPOSITE!"

Everyone was startled by the loud voice that had suddenly entered their conversation. It was, of course, the one and only squad leader Hange jumping into a conversation about titans. She was still smiling from before as she put her arm over Armins shoulders.

"My little Lola's pupils dilate when she attacks- while normal titans seem to always have them bigger not smaller. When hers are she seems to be calm AHHH IT'S SO EXCITING!"

Jean rolled his eyes, he hadn't been here for as long as Eren had but he was seeing the point he had made about Hange loving titans. Same thing could be said for Connie and Sasha, who have been blankly staring at the woman ever since she had come over to them.

"What about the oth-"

"Oh him- that's Lotar BUT I ONLY PICKED LOLA AND LOLA ONLY PICKED ME!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Bertholdt stood next to his buff, blonde haired friend. It was currently dinnertime and the male couldn't seem to take his eyes away from the window. They would normally sit closer to it- but today it seemed different with him. Looking down Bertholdt noticed he had barely touched his food as well, very unlike him.

"Reiner are you alright?"

The taller boy asked, getting more anxious as at first the said boy did not respond. Hearing a loud sigh before finally turning around- Reiner met the eyes of his friend.

"Yeah- but don't you find that titan a bit strange"

Reiner spoke in a low tone, not wanting to make a scene out in the open during dinner. Immedietly after saying this question though, Bertholdt's face quickly went paler looking out at the titans. Although he didn't know which one- he wasn't going to question it, he's sure that if Annie was here she'd say the same thing. Both Reiner and Annie have always had a clear eyes for this kind of stuff- Bertholdt on the other hand did not.

"You think it could be a shif-"

"NO! Obviously it can't be a ...shifter- but that doesn't mean it doesn't act weird"

"What do you mean?"

"It's like squad leader Hange said earlier- the pupils are different than how they should be"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It's just...shockingly calm isn't it?"

Bertholdt took a look back at both the titans once again. To him they both struck him as being calm, although that could also be because they had been chained to the floor. But none of them really tried to make any movement- and they were both held like Sawney and Bean were when they were alive.

"I guess"

"Bertholdt one of these days I'll show you what Annie and I are able to see. How each titan has something about it"

Hearing this new information Bertholdt looked back at his friend. Never once had either of them offered this to him- especially because it was something taught to them at a young age, sadly he was never one to catch up on it. Him being the colossal titan though- he had his advantages rather than being able to read titans.

From across the room Ymir, one of the lesser known females glared at the duo. She was sitting by another girl named Christa, who wasn't paying attention to anything that was going on unlike Ymir. The brown haired girl could clearly see them both looking out the window and towards the new arrivals- she didn't like it one bit.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Just about everyone part of the Survey Corps. were sleeping in their beds. Some, stayed awake because they had to- maybe even keep night watch. Others, had needed to stay awake because they couldn't fall asleep- whether it be because of insomnia or just having so many nightmares that had kept them up at night.

A single- yet alarming- roar filled the silence of the night. Although it wasn't loud those who had been near it would clearly be able to tell it was a titan. Hange's room doors were quickly slammed open with a loud bang, each side of the door rebounded off the walls in which they had just been slammed onto. This alerted the once sleeping woman as she bolted up from her bed, looking at the alarmed scouts in front of her.

"Wha-"

"Squad leader Hange- it's the titans!"

To be continued...