Neighbor's on Valentines - Part Two

Following Gwilym's instructions, I quickly race into the shower, after feeding my cat of course, before heading into my room to find something to wear. And crap, I have no idea what to wear. After a year of fantasizing about my hot neighbor and going for runs with him, he asks me out on valentines day of all days, and now I'm stressing out about what to wear. Fuck it, I'm just gonna pick something random out of my wardrobe and be done with it.

So, that's what I did. I blindly reach into my wardrobe and snatch out the first thing my hand touches, which happens to be a pink top which hugs my curves which I bought on a whim and never really wore. I guess this will have to do. I put on jeans, converse and a black jacket over top before I head outside to see Gwilym ready and waiting by the fence, wearing the hottest outfit I've ever seen him wear. I'm not kidding, he looks so bloody good.

"Y/N, you look great." He says, extending his hand for me to take, which I do with a grateful smile.

"Thank you. You also great, Gwil." I blush and look down at the concrete as he leads me down the street. "So, where are you even taking me?" The suspense is killing me, I swear.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He smiles cheekily down at me, knowing how much I want to know. I guess I'm just going to have to live with the suspense.

******************

Turns out, he was taking me on a walk throughout our hometown, getting ice-cream, op shopping and trying on different clothes to make the others laugh, before going to the park and finally, as the night falls, he takes me to the beach. We walk along the sand, my shoes in my hand so I can feel the still warm hand under my feet.

We walk, close enough so that our arms brush, before I feel Gwil lace his fingers with mine, making me smile slightly.

"I really hope I made your valentines day worth while." Did he ever. But I can't reply with that much enthusiasm. I can't let on just how much I was excited for this date.

"It was definitely worth while." I say in a casual enough voice. "Thank you for taking me out."

"Thank you for agreeing to come with me. I don't know what I'd do if you said no."

"Curl up on your couch, watching sad love films and downing a pint of ice-cream?"

"That sounds more like your plans, but yes, something along those lines." He laughs. Gosh, that laugh is melting me on the spot. That's not the only great thing I've noticed about him today. I've noticed the way he looks at someone who speaks, like your the most important person at that moment in time. When we were at the park, he helped the children like they were his own, with care and kindness, making sure they were okay. One kid even asked me if he was my husband. In that moment, as weird as it sounds, I kind of wished he was. He's just so kind, caring, gentle and of course funny. What more could a girl want in a guy? But something has been getting to me since this 'date' actually started, and now seems as good of a time as any to ask.

"Gwilym, I need to ask you something." He looks down at me, the moon bringing out the glimmer in his eyes.

"Fire away." He squeezes my hand reassuringly, as if he senses my anxiety rising.

"Um, what exactly is happening here?" He looks at me confused.

"What do you mean? We're on a date." He says like it's something obvious. It may be to him, but not so much to me.

"Yeah, but is it a date like you actually wanted to date me? Or is it a date where the only reason why you asked me was because it was Valentines day and we would have spent it alone otherwise?"

"Y/N." He stops me, turning me with his hands on my upper arms so that I'm facing him. "There is absolutely no way that I would have invited you on a date because I didn't want to be alone on valentines day. I invited you because I really like you Y/N. I've liked you since before we started running together, and even more since then. When I first saw you when I moved in, I knew I had to find a way to get to know you. I'm just glad we did it the way we did. But I'd wanted to take you out since then and I hope to take you out for more in the future." Throughout the whole speech, I couldn't make take my eyes off of him as the moon is making him glow in a way that makes him look like a Disney prince, even if he is currently looking nervously at me.

"You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say that." I breath out and he looks at me in surprise.

"Relieved?"

"Yes. I might have been silently crushing on you for a while now, so I was so happy when you asked me to go out today." He chuckles at my almost teen-like wording and he steps closer to me,

"Happy enough to go on another date?" He asks hopefully, which makes me giggle and blush.

"Yes, happy enough to go on another date with you."

"Good, then it would be less awkward when I do this." He closes the very little gap between us and presses his lips firmly, yet confidently on mine. I weave my hands around his neck to play with his hair, making him moan as he wraps his arms around my waist. When we need air, I slowly break away and look up at him with a wide smile.

"Thank you for the perfect valentines day, Gwilym."