The Guitar Hero - Brian May

Hi everyone! Finally another update and it's a Brian one! I am so sorry for my long absence. All I can say is school is kicking my ass right now, so thank you for your patience! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Here we go again. Another night serving drunk university students. Oh the joy. I sigh as I finish polishing the last glass that's just going to get dirty within the next hour. The only good things about working here is my best mate Becca, and the music. Especially the band Smile. I've been working here since they've started playing together and they're great. But I can't seem to take my eyes off a particular tall guitarist. 

The way he plays and gets lost in the music. The way he smiles every once in a while. But most of all, what always seems to mesmerize me is how fast his fingers seem to fly over the strings to get from one note to the next. I often find myself getting in trouble for stopping my work to stare at him, but I seriously can't help it. He's the hottest guitar hero that I have ever seen. No one can compare.

I just wish he would notice me the way I want him to notice me.

"Y/N, you're staring again." My work mate, Becca, interrupts my thoughts. "You better get back to work before Toni catches you again."

"I don't even think he's here, but thanks, Becca." I say, getting back to taking people's orders.

"All good. Can't have my best girl lose her job and leave me all alone here, now can I?" She hit's me playfully on the arm.

"I feel so loved." I sarcastically say, laughing as I hand a particularly impatient guy his drink. "But I have to admit, if you weren't here either, I don't know how I would survive this job."

"I do. You'd stare at the super sexy guitarist, Brian, all night long and completely forget about your job. Oh wait, you do that already." I roll my eyes, my smile not leaving my face. "Speaking of the sexy guitarist, here he comes."

I look up in surprise when all of a sudden Brian is sitting on a stool in front of me. I didn't even notice that they had finished playing. How the fuck did I not notice?

"Hey, Y/N." He smiles at me, taking my breath away. The usual occurrence when he smiles at me.

"Hey, Brian. Just the usual?" I ask after quickly gathering myself.

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks." I quickly go about pouring him his drink. "How did you enjoy the show?"

"Do you really need to ask me that question?" I hand him over his drink with a smile, but all he does is give me a look. "Of course it was great, it always is."

"And I still think your saying that so you can get a tip from me." He laughs.

"Gotta earn a living somehow." I joke. As the night goes on and the amount of people starts dwindling, Brian stayed there, keeping conversation with me, something which is quite common with him, but it's what I look forward to. But also, the way he talks, I could listen to him for hours.

"Sorry, Brian. It's closing time. You know what that means." Becca says almost reluctantly, already cleaning tables and putting up the chairs.

"Okay, I'm leaving. I should be getting home anyway." He says, standing up. "I'll see you guys next week. It was a pleasure talking to you Y/N, as always." I could swear his voice sounded sad, but then again, that could have been my imagination. I give him a small wave as he turns around and leaves.

"I seriously don't know why you two don't just jump each other's bones already."

"Becca!" I gasp, turning my shocked expression onto her, but all she does is shrug in response.

"What? There's no denying it. It's obvious you two are incredibly into each other. I don't see what the problem is." I sigh and start cleaning the counter of the bar.

"Fine, I don't deny that I'm super into him. I mean, he's a great person and an amazing guitar player. Every girl in the bar, if they aren't drooling over Roger, then they are drooling over Brian, and that's the problem."

"How so?" She asks, moving behind the counter to help me out.

"Because, just last week Brian went home with with a super pretty girl.  Same as the week before, and the week before that. It's obvious Brian doesn't want a relationship and I'm not a hook-up kind of girl."

"Maybe he's sleeping with the girls to cover his undying love for you." Becca says dramatically, pretending to swoon which makes me chuckle.

"Your such a drama queen Becca." I laugh. "But maybe he just likes sleeping with girls." I grab the empty glasses to put away.

"Or maybe I never slept with those girls and just wanted to see how you would react with me leaving with them." I jump in fright, dropping the glasses that were in my hands and glance up to see Brian standing by the bar, his jacket in his hands. Shit. Trying to ignore him and hide my embarrassed red-faced state, I bend down to grab the small hand broom and shovel and start cleaning up the broken glass, but Brian quickly starts making his way behind the counter to help me clean it up. Why does he have to be such a gentleman? 

"I'm sorry." He says, flustered. "I didn't mean to give you a fright, or listen to your conversation. I just came back for my jacket." I still didn't say a word as we throw away the glass and stand up again and from the corner of my eye, I can see Becca slowly move out of the room to give us privacy. Don't go girl! I need backup. "Y/N, please say something. You're kinda freaking me out." 

"I'm trying, but my mind is completely blank." Or more like it's screaming with embarrassment. But he just nods his head in understanding, reaching down to hold my hand.

"I know it was a really stupid idea to leave with those girls, but I just didn't know what else to do to try and get you to pay attention to me." I start to grow confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"I've been flirting with you for months, Y/N! Why else would I come out to get a drink every night after the gig?" I can't help it, I laugh and this time he's the one looking confused.

"Brian, our flirting game must be incredibly off, because I've been flirting with you for months." We both start laughing together. "Besides, I just thought the drinks was an after performance ritual or something."

"It is when your working." He smiles at me, taking my breath away once again, but I manage to smile back at him. "How about I walk you home?"

"Yeah, I'd love that."