I don't understand - Brian May

Take Astrophysics, I thought. It'll be fun, I thought. Never had I been more wrong in my life. All I had to do was pick up another paper and pass it in order to get enough credits to pass. But the way I'm going there is no way in hell I'm going to be passing this course. I'm an English major! I should have just chosen something from the arts department, something I knew I would be good at, but no. I have to make things difficult for myself.

I can't even understand what the professor is saying half the time. So, I took it upon myself to ask the professor if there was anyone who can tutor me, and that's who I'm waiting for right now. 

"Hey, are you Y/N   Y/L/N?" A voice asks from beside me. Speaking of the devil. I look up, about to confirm when I falter. Apparently the guy who is tutoring  me is the most beautiful, tallest guy I have ever met. Well, fuck. How am I meant to concentrate on my work now? I shake my head slightly, snapping myself out of m thoughts.

Yes, I am. And you must be Brian May?" I stand up and offer him my hand, which he accepts with a smile.

"Yes. So, what can I help you with?" He asks, taking a seat opposite me.

"Well, everything. I'm struggling with everything." He chuckles which makes me blush. Why does my tutor have to be this guy? I'm going to get nothing done.

"Come on. There's got to be something you know. How about, while I get us a couple of coffees, you take this little test just so I can see where your at in the class and what I need to help you with." He hands me the paper and my nerves automatically shoot up. I've never done well in tests, but I nod my head in agreement anyway.

And the test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. By that, I mean I actually understood and could answer some questions. Now all I have to do is sit there, anxiously playing with my rings, as Brian marks my work.

Once he puts down his pen, he looks up at me and smiles. "You've actually done better than you think. Nearly every question you answered you got right. But sadly, it won't be enough to pass. Which, I guess, is where I come in. How about we meet up every Tuesday and Thursday, that way I know you'll be ready for the first test." Wow, this is all a lot to process. I mean, why was he smiling when I failed anyway? And that's a lot of time I'll be spending with him. Will I have enough self control for that?

"Okay." I said in a quiet voice.

***********

Brian tutoring me didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. For starters, his beauty didn't distract me as much as I thought because the drive to make him smile and make him proud took over and gave me that little more motivation to learn. Not only that, but his explanations and theories were so well explained, I understood nearly right away what he was talking about.

But the best thing about these study sessions was the fact that we didn't even study for the whole time. When we took breaks, we didn't just sit there in silence, but instead we got to know one another. I learn't that he's in a band called Smile, he's the guitarist, he's studying to get his PhD in Astrophysics and he is Vegan.

"So, you're an English major?" He asks me as we start packing up our stuff. "Why did you decide to do a paper that's not even in your field?" I sigh and shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess I took this paper because I had a fascination with stars since I was a little girl and wanted to learn more about them. That, and I just wanted a challenge. I just didn't know how much of a challenge this would be.

"Well, I'm glad you decided to take this paper, anyway." He smiles, and I can't help but get lost in his beautiful eyes. Eyes that hold so much emotion within them, but would never clue you in to what exactly he's feeling. He clears his throat, leaning away as if he's just snapped himself out of his thoughts. "How are you feeling about the test tomorrow?"

"Nervous. Always am when it comes to tests. But my graduation literally depends on me passing this test, so there's that too."

"Hey, you'll be fine." He reaches out, placing his hand on mine, stopping my nervous fiddling with my rings and causing my breath to catch. "How about we make a deal?"

I arch an eyebrow, intrigued. "I'm listening."

"If you get within the A range, because that's how much I believe in you, then would you like to go out for dinner?"

"T-that sounds an awful lot like a date." I stutter. He's messing with me. There's no way in hell he's actually asking me out on a date. He only asks me out in my fantasies. Wait, is this one of my fantasies? I try to discreetly pinch myself on my wrist. Nope, this is real.

"That's because I am asking you on a date. If you would like to go on a date, that is?" My mind feels like it's racing so fast that nothing seems to make sense, but somehow, I still manage to get out an answer.

"Sounds like a plan."

***********

With Brian's date plan in my mind, I eagerly wait for my paper to be passed back to me, hopefully with an A written on it.

But a small part of me still thinks he's messing with me. It wouldn't be the first time. Or what if I get below an A-? Then at least you would have passed with a really good mark. Not going on a date with a guy won't be the end of the world. Besides, he doesn't have to be the one to call the shots. You can just ask him on a date. 

Finally getting my paper back, I take a deep breath before looking at the mark.

B+

IMPORTANT A/N BELOW

Thank you for reading, even though I found it very difficult to write this chapter. 

I have decided after a few more imagines, that I am going to stop this book and the other Borhap imagines books. So, if you have any requests or anything for any of my imagines books (apart from Ben), then now's your last chance. I've been really wanting to start an original story that's been forming in my head for the last couple of years, but haven't had time to focus on it until now. Thank you all again for reading and I really hope you'll check out that book when I start uploading it!

Also, how do you guys feel about a soulmate au? I've always liked them and wanted to try it out, but what's your opinion?