A Little Bird Told Me

"Y/N, are you busy at the moment?" Gwilym asks through the phone, and my heart sinks a little.

"Yeah, sorry Gwil. Y/F/N is here now. She said she had something important to ask me." I pause as she mimes to me before I quickly carry on. "But she says she won't be any longer than an hour." I say cheerfully, unable to hide my emotions. It's not like I don't like hanging out with Y/F/N or anything. It's just, I hardly get to see Gwil anymore because of his filming schedule, so I try and take any time that I can with him.

"Alright, then can I come over and see you in an hour? Is that okay?" He asks in a super sweet tone that makes me smile.

"Yeah, of course it is."

"Great."

"Great." I repeat, and Y/F/N smirks at me from across the counter as she pours both of us a drink. I snap out of my daze. "So, I'll see you in an hour. Bye, Gwil."

"Yeah, bye." I press the power button on my phone before placing it down on the bench, turning to Y/F/N who moves to take the seat across from me.

"You two have been friends for how long and yet you're still awkward as fuck on the phone? How adorable. I'm guessing you haven't confessed you're undying love for him yet?" I sigh and role my eyes.

"Really, Y/F/N? What was that thing you really needed to ask me?" I raise my eyebrows and Y/F/N leans forward, as if she's ready to attack with multiple questions.

"What I'm going to ask is a simple question, and you have to answer it. When are you and Gwilym going to get together. Relationship or hook-up, I don't care. I could feel the sexual tension between you two, even through the phone." It's honestly taking me everything I have not to laugh right now.

"Are you kidding me, Y/F/N? That's the important thing you wanted to ask me? You know, this sets women back a few years with others thinking that all women talk about is boys and shopping."

"I don't care." Y/F/N fires back, getting impatient. "I want to talk about you and Gwilym and I'm not taking any crap from you this time. I want to straight answer and you better hurry, because he'll most likely be here soon."

"I think it's you that better hurry since I have nothing to lose if I don't say anything." I'm stalling and I know it.

"Whatever - " She snaps before she quickly collects herself, taking a breath. I'm starting to feel a little bad for doing this to her now. "If you tell me about Gwilym, then I'll leave you alone on the subject."

"You'll leave me alone?" I ask doubtingly, but she nods. I sigh. "Fine. I don't like Gwilym." I say simply and Y/F/N furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "I love him, I have for a long time. I love him so much, I try and act a certain way so he doesn't catch on to how much I am attracted towards him. I love him so much that I always look forward to seeing him whenever I can, even if it is just for a second because I know it will be worth it when I get to see that smile and those eyes. And I love him so much, I can't tell him how I feel because I know he won't like me back and that would be absolutely heartbreaking for me." I let out a long breath before looking Y/F/N in her smug eyes. "Are you happy now?"

"Yes," she says, jumping off her stool and collecting her handbag. "I got what I came here for and now I shall leave. Oh," she stops in front of me, a kind smile etching onto her features, "don't underestimate yourself so much, Y/N. You are one of the best people I know. You never know. Gwilym may confess his undying love for you any day now." Before I can respond, she's out the door, leaving me here to think about what she just said. She makes it sound like there might be a possibility with him. In my dreams.

I don't get to sit there and think too long as a knock sounds at my door. Knowing it could only be one person, I quickly stand up and head towards the door. I open it and reveal Gwilym whose smile is straining and a nervous energy fills his eyes. "Gwilym, what's wrong?" I ask as he steps inside.

"Nothing's wrong." He simply says, moving towards the couch. I sit down next to him and move so I can still see his face.

"I know you Gwil, something's up."

"Something is up, but nothing's wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, and don't deny this because I know you'll be lying, but I know about your romantic feelings towards me." I feel myself freeze on the couch and I struggle to say the next words.

"How do you know that?"

"A little bird told me."

"What little bird?"

"This little bird." He holds up his phone and I can't help but stare at it in slight confusion. "You were still on the phone with me when you were talking to Y/F/N and I heard everything." With this realization, embarrassment, and mortification hitting me so hard, I can longer look at him, choosing instead to look at my hands. "I know I shouldn't have been listening, it was very wrong and rude of me, but I heard my name and I became kinda curious and intrigued, and when I found out you liked me, or even loved me, I became excited but nervous because I like you too." I snap my head up at this and meet his eyes which portray nothing but honesty and something else

"Actually," he continues, "that wasn't phrased right. I don't like you, I love you, Y/N. I have for a very long time. A crazy long time, actually, and..." I quickly lean forward, almost pouncing at him and press my lips against his. This catches him off guard, so he tenses a little, before he relaxes into the kiss, bringing his hands up, around my waist, pulling me closer so that I end up straddling his waist. This causes the kiss to become heated, become everything I imagined it would be. This carried on for a while before I had to pull away to catch my breath.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you, but I couldn't stop myself after waiting for so long." I say with a wide smile on my face, a smile which Gwilym mirrors.

"Don't be sorry, cariad. If you hadn't interrupted me, I would still be droning on like an idiot." I laugh at this, but he just smiles lovingly at me, softly pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you, Y/N, so much."

"I love you too, Gwilym. So much."