You're the one that I want - Brian May

Brian's POV

Today is just like any other day. Go to the recording studio, work on our new songs, try to not let one person murder the other and watch the woman I fell in love with flirt and make out with my best friend. When I first met Y/N, I thought she was just one of Roger's flings because the women in Roger's life are always just flings. They never last longer than a week. Here one day, gone the next. So, I let myself fall in love with her because they're never going to last, right? But then days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and they're still together while my love for her only grew.

I should be happy for Roger. After all, this has to be a new record for him. But every time I see them from the sidelines, laughing, making out, and whispering obviously dirty things into each others ears, the feeling of jealousy is never far behind.

"How has Roger managed to stay with Y/N this whole time?" John asks Freddie from beside him, oblivious to the inner turmoil I've been having over her. "Usually he would have moved onto at least 10 other women by now."

"I don't know." Freddie replies. "But whatever the reason is, its safe to assume that she must be bloody fantastic in bed. Why else would he stay with her?" Yeah, why else would Roger stay with Y/N? Apart from the fact that she's beautiful, intelligent, funny and caring.

"Are you alright there, Bri? Your quieter than usual. And you kind of look like you want to murder somebody." John says with slight concern.

"Fine." I snap, standing up. "I just need a drink."

*******************

The great thing about not being on tour is getting to go home after a long day at work and getting to sleep in your own bed, no interruptions. But it seems as though that's not in the plans for me tonight. Just as I was climbing into bed, a frantic knock sounds at my door, making me let out an exasperated sigh. If I ignore it, will they go away? Apparently not as the knocking grows louder and more frantic and I am left to basically run for the door to make it stop, quickly opening it.

Whatever ill-tempered words started to form quickly died when I see Y/N standing there, dressed up, hair looking beautiful, but with make up streaks running down her face as she stands there sobbing.

"Y/N? What happened? Come inside." I say, opening the door to let her hurry inside.

"I'm sorry, Brian." Y/N struggles to say through tears. "I couldn't go back home, but I didn't know where else to go. You're one of Roger's closest friends, but your also mine. I just don't want to be alone right now."

"It's okay." I say in a soft but worried tone and I take a step towards her, and she allows me to embrace her before guiding us to the couch. "I'm here for you, sweetheart. Whatever happened, you don't have to tell me, but I will listen if you do." We just sit there in silence in each others arms and I run my hand comfortingly up and down her arm until her sobs quieten and shes ready to talk.

"Roger invited me out to dinner because it was our date night. Well, our anniversary. He took me to the restaurant we've been wanting to try for months and it was great. It was a very romantic place. But throughout this whole date, I couldn't help but feel like he was bored." Y/N's tears start to come again, so I hug her closer to me. She takes a deep breath to calm herself before carrying on. "He got up to use the bathroom but then it had been 10 minutes and he still hadn't returned. So I went to the bathroom just to see if everything was okay. He was in the bathroom fucking our waitress on the bathroom bench top where anyone could just walk in and catch them. He didn't even notice I was standing there until I started talking." I pull her closer, even though I don't know if that is possible, and my heart breaks for her. She doesn't deserve any of this.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice rough with emotion.

"I just told him that I prefer it if my boyfriends didn't fuck another woman, especially when its our anniversary and that we're done. And then I came here." There's a pause and I can feel fresh tears starting to soak my shirt. "He cheated on me, Bri. But what's worse is that I should have seen this coming."

"But that doesn't give him the right to do that to you." I quietly say to her, my cheek on top of her hair. "You do not deserve any of this and he's too much of a dick with women to realize he just made his biggest mistake yet. He doesn't deserve you." Y/N hugs me tighter and buries her head deeper into my chest. We stay like that for a while, until her tears stop flowing and she moves away slightly to look up at me.

"Thank you, Brian, for being here for me. You always know how to take care of me." I smile softly down at her. Even in this state, she's still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. The most beautiful girl who is now kissing me. I quickly pull away.

"I can't. I'm sorry." I say and she moves away, out of my embrace, but still sits with me on the couch. "I really like you, Y/N. So much. I'm not going to take advantage of you when you are emotional and vulnerable, especially with what you have just been through." She looks at her hands and starts playing with her rings, a nervous habit which I find endearing. I place my hand on hers so she looks up at me. "I really truly like you Y/N, but you need to focus on yourself first. Besides, I can't do that to Roger. He's my best mate and you were his girlfriend first." She nods.

"I understand." She says, her voice raw from crying. "Even when I basically throw myself at you, you still take care of me and look out for the people you love. I admire that." She takes a deep breath, removing her hands from mine, before saying; "but can I please stay here tonight? I just don't want to go home." I sigh in relief, giving her a small smile.

"Of course, sweetheart."